Business Requirement Doc Template

  • Ayan Mukherji
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 19, 2010
      Hi,

      We are planning to implement Google Analytics for our ecommerce site. In
      order to proceed, I was wondering if anybody can share a sample of business
      requirement document or template, which will help in further developing the
      solutions design document.

      Regards,

      Ayan

    • Craig Scribner
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 19, 2010
        My first requirement is *always* dynamic account selection. That means I
        need dev, staging and localhost calls to be diverted away from my analytics
        production account. I insist on this, even if the implementation is in
        FLASH, and it's a little bit trickier to know what environment the user is
        in. Especially when the site is brand new, you don't want dev or QA clicks
        to blur your actual data.

        My second requirement is the sequence of page names, because page-watching
        and pathing are two critical pieces of the analysis I do.

        Best regards,

        Craig

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 30, 2010
          Hi Ayan,

          Here are three books that address business requirements in the larger contexts of Economic Value, Audience Roles and Customer Centricity:
          * Avinash Kaushik, Web Analytics 2.0 (Sybex, 2009)
          * Brian Clifton, Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics (Sybex, 2008)
          * Jason Burby and Shane Atchison, Actionable Web Analytics: Using Data to Make Smart Business Decisions (Sybex, 2007)

          Take care,

          Alex Kine
          Web Analyst
          http://www.marianisllc.com