Re: How to evaluate which campaign is performing better

  • doodoola
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2010
      I need to solve this problem by end of wednesday. Your help is highly appreciated! Thanks,

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "doodoola" <doodoola@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I have the following metrics for two campaigns. Typically how we usually go about analyzing which campaign is performing better: just by judgement or using statistics/weight algorithm?
      >
      > Just imagine in real life case there are multiple metrics to evaluate, what is the formal approach to go.
      >
      > Thanks a lot for your help!
      >
      > Campaign CPC CPA CTR "Bounce Rate"
      > "Committed Visitor Share" "Page Views/Visit" "Avg Online Order Value"
      > Campaign A $3.53 $265.77 0.19% 21%
      > 31.8% 3.7 $13,700
      >
      > Campaign B $3.28 $264.21 0.25% 44.2%
      > 12.7% 1.2 $10,900

    • S_Farebrother
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2010
        doodoola,
        The answer is, it depends. What is the purpose or goal of the campaigns - are they for branding, to drive sales a specific product line, to increase overall traffic, something else entirely? The answer to that will tell you which metrics are more important for which campaign. I also generally use a testing tool when comparing two campaigns to make sure that the differences are statistically signfificant.

        Hope that helps.

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "doodoola" <doodoola@...> wrote:

        > I need to solve this problem by end of wednesday. Your help is highly appreciated! Thanks,
        >
        > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "doodoola" <doodoola@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > I have the following metrics for two campaigns. Typically how we usually go about analyzing which campaign is performing better: just by judgement or using statistics/weight algorithm?
        > >
        > > Just imagine in real life case there are multiple metrics to evaluate, what is the formal approach to go.
        > >
        > > Thanks a lot for your help!
        > >
        > > Campaign CPC CPA CTR "Bounce Rate"
        > > "Committed Visitor Share" "Page Views/Visit" "Avg Online Order Value"
        > > Campaign A $3.53 $265.77 0.19% 21%
        > > 31.8% 3.7 $13,700
        > >
        > > Campaign B $3.28 $264.21 0.25% 44.2%
        > > 12.7% 1.2 $10,900

      • Béate Vervaecke | e-Zen
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2010
          What’s the percentage of new visits for the 2 campaigns?

          Béate Vervaecke

          --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com <mailto:webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com>