Tracking Zip Code Submission

  • gr8speler
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2010
      Hi, I am adding a place for users to add in zip codes and I want to track individual zip codes that users are submitting. Is there a way to do this in Google Analytics or should I tag it so each zip code comes up as it's own Page View?
      Thanks,
      Michael
    • Beane
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2010
        I would use event tracking in GA for this type of request since you can capture the zips as an Action and look at total "events" or times it was submitted.

        http://code.google.com/apis/analytics/docs/tracking/eventTrackerGuide.html

        Eric Beane
        www.vml.com
        www.vmlgate1.com