Webtrends- Modification to standard reports

  • syedspiky
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 24, 2009
      Hi all webtrends expert

      I was wondering if anybody can advice whether it's possible to add or remove a measure from the standard webtrends report (not custom reports) for example: onsite ad clickthroughs.

      Thanks in advance.

      Regards
    • Adam Berlinger
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 25, 2009
        You cannot edit the built in reports. What you need to do is create a custom report modeled after the built in report you need without the measures you want removed. Make sense? What version are you running?
         Thanks,
        Adam
        http://analyticsbyadam.blogspot.com

        ________________________________
        I was wondering if anybody can advice whether it's possible to add or remove a measure from the standard webtrends report (not custom reports) for example: onsite ad clickthroughs.

        Thanks in advance.

        Regards

      • Wes Contreras
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 25, 2009
          On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 9:33 AM, syedspiky <syedspiky@...> wrote:

          > I was wondering if anybody can advice whether it's possible to add or remove a measure from the standard
          > webtrends report (not custom reports) for example: onsite ad clickthroughs.

          You can generally copy a standard report and make changes to it, like
          adding or removing a measure, but customizing it for your needs does
          make it a custom report.

          If you want to suggest changes to the stock reports, Webtrends has a
          pretty good feedback/suggestion engine running through Get
          Satisfaction, and if your idea is popular, it may very well get
          implemented in the product:
          http://getsatisfaction.com/webtrends

          --
          Wes Contreras
        • Bob Willis
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 25, 2009
            You cannot remove Measures from WebTrends Built-in Standard reports. But, you can remove Measure from WebTrends Built-in Custom reports
            It's hard to tell the difference in the two. The
            1) Create a copy of the custom report you wish to modify.
            2) Remove the measure you do not want from the copied report.
            3) Removing the original custom report from your profile.
            4) Add in the copy of the just-removed custom report to the profile.
            5) Add in the copy of the just-removed custom report to the template.
            Hope that makes since.

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 26, 2009
              Thanks everyone,

              I'm trying to add "revenue" measure to Onsite clickthroughs report but I can't find it anywhere where I can copy it from and add a measure to this. I've looked under Report configuration > Custom reports > Reports but It isn't there though all other standard, extended standard and built in reports are there. It's definitely in profile and have data in this report.

              I'm using Webtrends on demand if that helps.

              Many thanks

            • bosilevac@gmail.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 26, 2009
                Great answers so far, however, I do not believe you can recreate the onsite ad clicks report, or at least the 'clickthrough' measure. This uses a special analysis in order to stitch together

                That said, I would love if someone can prove me wrong!

                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                I was wondering if anybody can advice whether it's possible to add or remove a measure from the standard webtrends report (not custom reports) for example: onsite ad clickthroughs.

                Thanks in advance.

                Regards

              • id_for_waa
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 27, 2009
                  You can use the calculated measure option to create the clickthrough rate.

                  If you add onsite impressions and onsite clicks as measures, you can then create a calculated measure column that uses impressions and click to work out the CTR.