Free Web Analytics Maturity Model now available

  • Stephane Hamel
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 19, 2009
      The overarching goal of The Web Analytics Maturity Model (WAMM) is to offer a framework to pause, think, plan and act based on an organization's measurement and analysis skills. It offers a mean to assess the current and desired state, facilitate communication, change management, and significantly increase the likelihood of success of your web analytics initiatives.

      As a result of 18 months literature review, discussions, peer review, applying the model, I'm happy to make available a free/shortened version of the paper at http://immeria.net/wamm. Any feedback about the WAMM is welcomed and much appreciated. I hope it will be reviewed, criticized, challenged, adopted and used by vendors, agencies and practitioners!

      Speeking of challenge... If you are at eMetrics in Washington D.C., don't miss the "Marketing Maturity Panel" with John Lovett, Bill Gassman, Laura Patterson and myself, moderated by Jim Sterne (info at http://emetrics.org/washingtondc/2009/keynotes.php#pan1)

      Stéphane Hamel
      - Web Analytics advocate!
      - Board of Director & Treasurer, Web Analytics Association
      - Tutor, UBC Award of Achievement in Web Analytics
      Twitter: immeria
      Web: http://immeria.net
      Blog: http://blog.immeria.net
      LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/shamel
      WASP: http://WebAnalyticsSolutionProfiler.com
      WAA: http://WebAnalyticsAssociation.org
      UBC: http://www.tech.ubc.ca/webanalytics/
    • Nikki Rae - Fresh Egg Ltd
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 20, 2009
        Hi Stephane,

        The link doesn’t seem to work. J

        Nikki

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 21, 2009
          Darn! That's because of the way Yahoo Groups automatically detects hyperlinks...

          Here's the right link: http://immeria.net/wamm

          But, on the positive side, I have modified my custom 404 page to use a Google Search Widget to search my site using the expected page name. Fairly easy to implement, and I think it's pretty clever!

          So if you go to the old link: http://immeria.net/wamm. (notice the dot at the end) you will get a 404 page, but at least, the Google Search Widget will show you the right page! Cool isn't it! :)

          Feel free to steel this trick and enhance your custom 404 page by viewing the source code, no server-side coding required!

          Stéphane Hamel
          http://immeria.net

          --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Nikki Rae - Fresh Egg Ltd" <nikki@...> wrote:

          > Hi Stephane,
          >

          > The link doesn't seem to work. J
          >

          > Nikki

        • Rajesh
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 21, 2009
            Hi Nikki,

            This will work... http://immeria.net/wamm <http://immeria.net/wamm.>

            ~Rajesh

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 22, 2009
              Thanks Rajesh.

              nikki

              nikki@...> wrote:

              > Hi Stephane,
              >
              > The link doesn’t seem to work. J
              >
              > Nikki
              >
              > From: webanalytics@yahoogroups.com
              <webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com>[mailto:
              > webanalytics@yahoogroups.com <webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com>] On
              > Behalf Of Stephane Hamel
              > Sent: 19 October 2009 20:37
              > To: webanalytics@yahoogroups.com <webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com>
              > Subject: [webanalytics] Free Web Analytics Maturity Model now available
              >

              > The overarching goal of The Web Analytics Maturity Model (WAMM) is to
              offer
              > a framework to pause, think, plan and act based on an organization's
              > measurement and analysis skills. It offers a mean to assess the current
              and
              > desired state, facilitate communication, change management, and
              > significantly increase the likelihood of success of your web analytics
              > initiatives.
              >
              > As a result of 18 months literature review, discussions, peer review,
              > applying the model, I'm happy to make available a free/shortened version
              of
              > the paper at http://immeria.net/wamm. Any feedback about the WAMM is
              > welcomed and much appreciated. I hope it will be reviewed, criticized,
              > challenged, adopted and used by vendors, agencies and practitioners!
              >
              > Speeking of challenge... If you are at eMetrics in Washington D.C., don't
              > miss the "Marketing Maturity Panel" with John Lovett, Bill Gassman, Laura
              > Patterson and myself, moderated by Jim Sterne (info at
              > http://emetrics.org/washingtondc/2009/keynotes.php#pan1)
              >
              > Stéphane Hamel
              > - Web Analytics advocate!
              > - Board of Director & Treasurer, Web Analytics Association
              > - Tutor, UBC Award of Achievement in Web Analytics
              > Twitter: immeria
              > Web: http://immeria.net
              > Blog: http://blog.immeria.net
              > LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/shamel