Please help: Need conversion rate benchmarks for sales, leads and memberships

  • webstrategy360@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9, 2009
      Hi all,
      I'm trying to get information on the industry average conversion rates for:
      1) ecommerce sales (I've read this being about 2% though I don't have a research paper to reference),
      2) leads or subscriptions (ex: email newsletter signup) where the only requirement from a visitor is to enter an email address and name,
      3) and membership signups (ex: creating a member profile) where more information is required.

      I'm trying to build an infographic and I need the above information to make it useful.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks
      Kamal
    • ju2ltd
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2009
        Kamal,

        Is the Fireclick Index http://index.fireclick.com/ any use for your e commerce benchmarks?

        Cant help with the others though.

        Jim.

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "webstrategy360@..." <webstrategy360@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        > I'm trying to get information on the industry average conversion rates for:
        > 1) ecommerce sales (I've read this being about 2% though I don't have a research paper to reference),
        > 2) leads or subscriptions (ex: email newsletter signup) where the only requirement from a visitor is to enter an email address and name,
        > 3) and membership signups (ex: creating a member profile) where more information is required.
        >
        > I'm trying to build an infographic and I need the above information to make it useful.
        > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Kamal

      • Adam Berlinger
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2009
          Check out http://www.conversionchronicles.com/:

          http://www.conversionchronicles.com/page.php?PageID=41&tracking=website_conversion_avarages_right
          Thanks,
          Adam
          http://analyticsbyadam.blogspot.com

          ________________________________
          I'm trying to get information on the industry average conversion rates for:
          1) ecommerce sales (I've read this being about 2% though I don't have a research paper to reference),
          2) leads or subscriptions (ex: email newsletter signup) where the only requirement from a visitor is to enter an email address and name,
          3) and membership signups (ex: creating a member profile) where more information is required.

          I'm trying to build an infographic and I need the above information to make it useful.
          Any help would be greatly appreciated.

          Thanks
          Kamal

        • coachingnconsulting
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 10, 2009
            Hi Kamal,

            You can find lot of good benchmarks including conversion benchmark in Coremetrics Industry Benchmark Report.

            I cannot post links here due to forum restrictions but if you search Google for the term "coremetrics conversion benchmark" the first link is the one I am referring to.

            Its pretty detailed and informative.

            Let me know if this was helpful

            Thanks

            Sameer Khan
            Author:Keywebmetrics.com blog
            Rackspace Web Analyst

          • webstrategy360@ymail.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 10, 2009
              Thanks very much guys. I think the sample chapter from http://econsultancy.com/reports/online-marketing-benchmarks-setting-realistic-goals-and-how-to-achieve-them is the one I'm looking for. The fireclick index looks good but it's restricted to just fireclick's customers and, just like the coremetrics report, only has ecommerce conversion rates. The econsultancy report has ecommerce conversion rates (from visit to sale) as well as lead generation conversion rates.
              I'll make sure to post when I've finished the infographic :)
              Regards,
              Kamal