Re: Google dropping price of Urchin

  • corbing
    Message 1 of 9 , May 4, 2005
      I would be surprised if they ever release the 6.0 software. I think
      Google wants the data that they'll get from hosting the service.

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Clifton" <brian@o...>
      wrote:
      > The release was very close during Q1 this year but I think the
      > Google/Urchin deal has pushed things back. There is still no release
      date
      > but I anticipate Q3 this year.
      >
      > HTH. Brian
      > BTW, I do not speak for Urchin/Google, just my opinion
    • Brian Clifton
      Message 2 of 9 , May 4, 2005
        Don't worry Urchin 6 software is definately on its way - otherwise I am
        out of a job!

        > I would be surprised if they ever release the 6.0 software. I think
        > Google wants the data that they'll get from hosting the service.
        >
        > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Clifton" <brian@o...>
        > wrote:
        > > The release was very close during Q1 this year but I think the
        > > Google/Urchin deal has pushed things back. There is still no release
        > date
        > > but I anticipate Q3 this year.
        > >
        > > HTH. Brian
        > > BTW, I do not speak for Urchin/Google, just my opinion

      • Alex Chudnovsky
        Message 3 of 9 , May 4, 2005
          corbing wrote:

          >I would be surprised if they ever release the 6.0 software. I think
          >Google wants the data that they'll get from hosting the service.

          Is there anything in their T&Cs that allows Google to mine data that was
          collected on their customer's behalf?

          regards

          Alex