E = mc2 Centenary Survey - If I could teach the world one thing about science

  • Alan White
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2005
      A survey was conducted of over 250 renowned scientists, science
      communicators, and educators - including 11 Nobel laureates - asking
      what they would teach the world about science and why.

      It's an interesting site. I thought Professor Sir Antony R Hoare, senior
      researcher at Microsoft Corporation pointed out something particularly
      pertinent to web analytics:

      I should teach the world that scientists start by trying very hard to
      disprove what they hope is true. When they fail to disprove what they
      hope is true, then they have a good reason for believing it, and they
      can even convince others of its truth. A scientist always acknowledges
      the possibility of error, and is less likely to be mistaken than one who
      always claims to be right.

      Here's a link to the site:
      http://www.spiked-online.com/sections/science/sciencesurvey/