Re: Single Page View Visits

  • Christian M. Aranda
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2009
      Juli,

      There are plusses and minuses to both of these approaches. In my opinion and that of many clients I have worked with, filtering single page view visits is a more accurate approach to understanding your conversion. You remove the people who clearly had no intent to purchase or even browse.

      Unfortunately, this is potentially going to upset someone in the marketing group who is being measured themselves on how many clickthroughs they get from banner ads and the like. Someone being measured in this way might believe these are valid and should be credited towards the overall success of an affiliate campaign ("Hey, I got 'em here!").

      It appears a mixed approach using filters to show both types of conversion provide a good middle ground if your analytics solution supports it.

      Best,

      Christian