Re: Handling mistakes in reports

  • ellen.goldberg
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2009
      Great discussion going with this! I do agree that the best way to prevent mistakes to begin with is to work slowly. It also helps to check your numbers against something else, do they add up, are all your formulas in-tact if you are doing extra analysis? It's usually really stupid mistakes like a missing decimal point that do the most damage.

      In the cases where something gets through, well I find that owning up to it and making a concerted effort to correct the error helps. And of course indicating that you know exactly what caused the error and how to fix it reminds those around you that you do know what you are doing.