Re: Google CPC Traffic through Auto Tagging (gclid) not showing up

  • Gradiva Couzin
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2009
      Hello,

      If your CPC traffic disappeared as of March 24th, here's the
      explanation:

      > The issue:
      > As of March 24th, Google Analytics now requires that a setting
      > called "apply cost data" be set to "yes" in order to track AdWords
      > data properly. If you have noticed an AdWords campaign suddenly
      > stops showing up as a traffic referrer starting on March 23-34,
      > 2009, then this is the explanation for the problem.
      >
      > How this affects you:
      > Your Google AdWords traffic may have been inaccurately recorded as
      > direct traffic starting on March 24, if viewed in Google Analytics.
      > Google AdWords reporting (seen through the AdWords interface) would
      > not have not been affected.
      >
      > What you should do:
      > Go into Google Analytics, select "edit" next to your profile, and
      > select the checkbox labeled "apply cost data." This should fix the
      > problem.

      Best regards,

      Gradiva Couzin

      Gradiva Couzin
      Partner, Gravity Search Marketing LLC
      www.yourseoplan.com
      415-341-2574

    • Claudiu Murariu
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2009
        Some how the "Apply Cost data" is available only when creating a new
        account.
        When selecting "Edit" top a new profile no box appears with "apply cost
        data".

        Am i the only one in this situation?
        Starting all over with a new Analytics account for all the websites I manage
        is not really an option.

        Claudiu

        On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 5:39 PM, Gradiva Couzin <gra1@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > If your CPC traffic disappeared as of March 24th, here's the
        > explanation:
        >
        > > The issue:
        > > As of March 24th, Google Analytics now requires that a setting
        > > called "apply cost data" be set to "yes" in order to track AdWords
        > > data properly. If you have noticed an AdWords campaign suddenly
        > > stops showing up as a traffic referrer starting on March 23-34,
        > > 2009, then this is the explanation for the problem.
        > >
        > > How this affects you:
        > > Your Google AdWords traffic may have been inaccurately recorded as
        > > direct traffic starting on March 24, if viewed in Google Analytics.
        > > Google AdWords reporting (seen through the AdWords interface) would
        > > not have not been affected.
        > >
        > > What you should do:
        > > Go into Google Analytics, select "edit" next to your profile, and
        > > select the checkbox labeled "apply cost data." This should fix the
        > > problem.
        >
        > Best regards,
        >
        > Gradiva Couzin
        >
        > Gradiva Couzin
        > Partner, Gravity Search Marketing LLC
        > www.yourseoplan.com
        > 415-341-2574

      • Béate Vervaecke | e-Zen
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2009
          You can only access the settings through the Analytics tab in the AdWords
          interface (reporting tab in the new interface)

          Béate Vervaecke

          <mailto:gra1%40gradiva.com> > wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > If your CPC traffic disappeared as of March 24th, here's the
          > explanation:
          >
          > > The issue:
          > > As of March 24th, Google Analytics now requires that a setting
          > > called "apply cost data" be set to "yes" in order to track AdWords
          > > data properly. If you have noticed an AdWords campaign suddenly
          > > stops showing up as a traffic referrer starting on March 23-34,
          > > 2009, then this is the explanation for the problem.
          > >
          > > How this affects you:
          > > Your Google AdWords traffic may have been inaccurately recorded as
          > > direct traffic starting on March 24, if viewed in Google Analytics.
          > > Google AdWords reporting (seen through the AdWords interface) would
          > > not have not been affected.
          > >
          > > What you should do:
          > > Go into Google Analytics, select "edit" next to your profile, and
          > > select the checkbox labeled "apply cost data." This should fix the
          > > problem.
          >
          > Best regards,
          >
          > Gradiva Couzin
          >
          > Gradiva Couzin
          > Partner, Gravity Search Marketing LLC
          > www.yourseoplan.com
          > 415-341-2574

        • Nikki Rae
          Message 4 of 4 , May 5, 2009
            Hi,

            The account needs to be linked to an adwords account. Meaning, that you
            need to be able to get to it through the adwords interfacr, then 'apply cost
            data' will show for the any other profiles.

            Nikki