Fackbook Advertisment tracking in google analytics

  • dipali
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2009
      Hello All,

      I am wondering how to track Facebook Advertisment ROI in google
      analytics... ??

      Please help me out..
    • nethab1
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2009
        There's no way to track true ROI, since there's no way to import the
        cost (aka the "Investment") data into Google Analytics, but otherwise
        you can tag your Ads with campaign information and track the
        conversions the same way you would any other advertisements.

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "dipali" <dipali_thakkar1985@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello All,
        >
        > I am wondering how to track Facebook Advertisment ROI in google
        > analytics... ??
        >

        > Please help me out..

      • Brian Clifton
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2009
          Nethab1 is spot on with his reply. However, if you wish to use a
          Google product try Urchin - this is the server side analytics software
          from Google and very similar in structure/layout to GA. You can even
          run both side by side.

          The following posts from me may be helpful:
          http://www.advanced-web-metrics.com/blog/2007/10/16/what-is-urchin/?utm_id=1
          http://www.advanced-web-metrics.com/blog/2007/10/17/backup-your-ga-data-locally/?utm_id=1

          Best regards, Brian

          --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "nethab1" <nethab1@...> wrote:

          > There's no way to track true ROI, since there's no way to import the
          > cost (aka the "Investment") data into Google Analytics, but otherwise
          > you can tag your Ads with campaign information and track the
          > conversions the same way you would any other advertisements.
          >
          > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "dipali" <dipali_thakkar1985@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello All,
          > >
          > > I am wondering how to track Facebook Advertisment ROI in google
          > > analytics... ??
          > >

          > > Please help me out..

        • Brian Clifton
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 2009
            Sorry - I do not make this reply clear... Urchin allows you to import cost data from other sources in addition to Adwords.

            Brian