Re: Tracking Offline Advertising

  • Gerry
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1 8:36 AM
      Which analytics package ?

      Its always hard using your approach as unless they feel they are
      getting some benefit by typing in the full url, people often stop at
      the Homepage so if your magazine talks about special offers you can
      use that as part of the url - i.e.

      yourDomain.com/SpecialOffer
      YourDomain.com/BestDeals

      Anyhow, then you can just re-write what is being sent to your
      analytics page - i.e. ga you can include the parameters within a
      virtual page call ...

      You should of course add a metadata noindex so when other people link
      to your special offer, it doesn't show up...

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Tim Madel <tmadel@...> wrote:

      > We are launching an extensive ad campaign in over 25 publications.
      Each ad
      > will have a call to action directing readers to a site specifically
      tied to
      > the campaign. What is the best method for tracking which magazine
      performs
      > the best?
      > We want to maintain the same domain (which eliminates the
      possibility of
      > vanity urls) and need to keep it a simple as possible (which means
      we want
      > avoid URL parameters).
      >
      > I was thinking we could use something along the lines of:
      >
      > www.domain.com/1
      > www.domain.com/2
      > www.domain.com/3
      >
      > etc.
      >
      > Would I then have these point to versions of the landing page with
      the only
      > difference being the page name? Or should I redirect these to the
      homepage
      > and pass along the original URL in a parameter?
      >

      > Tim Madel
      >
      > 757-337-4093

    • Hurol Inan
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1 11:37 PM
        Hi All,

        I am interested in finding out if anyone has (or is currently looking at)
        integrating Omniture's Site Catalyst (and perhaps Test & Target) with
        Unica's Affinium Platform for customer decisioning and real time offer
        presentment? I would be interested in getting in touch if you send me your
        details.

        Cheers

        Hurol Inan

        Bienalto Consulting
        T 02 8356 3001 M 0412 348 361
        13/50 Stanley St East Sydney NSW 2010
        <http://www.bienalto.com/> www.bienalto.com

      • Zakrajsek, Scott
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2 3:40 AM
          Hi Tim,

          We setup server-side redirects to link to the URL + campaign tracking parameters. This allows us to easily track each campaign separately. You can see a live example of this here:

          http://www.victoriassecret.com/pink

          -Scott

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2 4:45 AM
            As Gerry says, many people will hit < enter > right after .com, although
            since your campaign is print, that phenomenon should not be as high as a
            TV/Radio campaign. Still, it would be a good idea to have mentions of your
            campaign on your Home page.

            Jacques Warren

          • Akin Arikan
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 2 1:34 PM
              About your specific question re home page vs. landing page, wouldn't the answer depend more on targeting and persuasion rather than than web analytics? Namely, if each magazine reaches a slightly different target audience would you benefit from sending traffic to suitable landing pages that address that crowd?

              I can also recommend a good book on the subject 8-)
              http://multichannelmetrics.com/book

              Akin
              Unica