Google Analytics Report Latency

  • Chad Hollingsworth
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 27, 2009
      Hey group,

      I have a question about Google Analytics latency. It was my understanding
      that there was a ~24 hr lag for data to show up in GA reports. I'm actually
      seeing data for today in my report. Was there a change made that I missed?

      Thanks,
      Chad

    • John Mburu
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2009
        Chad I have observed a similar scenario after tagging campaign & distributing - to be exact I got some data after less than 3 hours after campaign went out and was about to raise same question with Brian Clifton.

        John Mburu,

        Snr. E-business Systems Exec.
        Emirates Group, Dnata E-Commerce Dept.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1 7:15 AM
          yes, you may see data within 4 hours (or even less sometimes) but it
          is definently worth mentioning that you can't always trust it, it can
          change the folloiwing day even the day after....

          Data can also change 48 hours later as it is consolidated...

          --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, John Mburu <mjoroz@...> wrote:

          > Chad I have observed a similar scenario after tagging campaign &
          distributing - to be exact I got some data after less than 3 hours
          after campaign went out and was about to raise same question with
          Brian Clifton.

          > John Mburu,
          >
          > Snr. E-business Systems Exec.
          > Emirates Group, Dnata E-Commerce Dept.
          >

          > ________________________________

        • julien.coquet
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2 1:23 AM
            Google is trying to bring latency down to one hour but, as has been
            hinted in a previous comment, full data consolidation is really
            achieved much later.

            I personally fail to see the actual added value of real-time
            analytics; when-i-need-it analytics work better for me so I just need
            to know reports are going to be available 24 hours after data capture
            :-)

            Fair enough, if you're doing site launch performance analysis, you may
            be disappointed. May I suggest you actually use a log-based solution
            for that particular scenario?

            --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Chad Hollingsworth
            <chad.holls@...> wrote:

            > Hey group,
            >
            > I have a question about Google Analytics latency. It was my
            understanding
            > that there was a ~24 hr lag for data to show up in GA reports. I'm
            actually
            > seeing data for today in my report. Was there a change made that I
            missed?

            > Thanks,
            > Chad

          • Tim Leighton-Boyce
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 2 8:02 AM
              That's interesting. I would also opt for consistent data after 24 hours in
              preference to real time data which updates. At the moment I advise clients
              not to look at their e-commerce numbers until 48 hours have passed. And
              sometimes the updating process seems to continue beyond that.

              Tim