Web Analytics Survey

  • Chad Hollingsworth
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 23, 2009
      Hi everyone,

      I created a really simple survey to find out what analytics solutions
      everyone is using. I would really appreciate your help. There are only 2
      questions: which solutions you use and what industry you work in. It is
      completely anonymous.

      http://tinyurl.com/dyu8pf

      Thanks in advance for your help.

      Chad Hollingsworth
      Web Analyst
      United Future

    • Chad Hollingsworth
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 24, 2009
        Hi Everyone,

        Thanks to all of you who have taken this brief survey so far. I'd like to
        get a few more responses by end of the week - so if you haven't responded
        yet it will be really helpful for me if you did. I will publish results when
        i have them.

        Thanks again.
        Chad

        On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Chad Hollingsworth
        <chad.holls@...>wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > I created a really simple survey to find out what analytics solutions
        > everyone is using. I would really appreciate your help. There are only 2
        > questions: which solutions you use and what industry you work in. It is
        > completely anonymous.
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/dyu8pf
        >
        > Thanks in advance for your help.
        >
        > Chad Hollingsworth
        > Web Analyst
        > United Future

      • Scribner, Craig
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 27, 2009
          Somebody just brought me some code that's described on this page, and asked me to put it on our thank-you page.

          http://www.google.com/adwords/learningcenter/text/19216.html

          My colleague seems convinced that this Google Conversion code is not necessarily an add-on to Google Analytics. It seems to me that a thing like this would only work if you have another piece of code firing on the landing pages from search engines so when this conversion event fires it knows how to break it down by keyword, etc.

          Or does Google automatically cookie the browser with keyword info, so this reporting would only give you data on Google searches?

          thanks,
          Craig

          <chad.holls@...<mailto:chad.holls%40gmail.com>>wrote:

          > Hi everyone,
          >
          > I created a really simple survey to find out what analytics solutions
          > everyone is using. I would really appreciate your help. There are only 2
          > questions: which solutions you use and what industry you work in. It is
          > completely anonymous.
          >
          > http://tinyurl.com/dyu8pf
          >
          > Thanks in advance for your help.
          >
          > Chad Hollingsworth
          > Web Analyst
          > United Future

        • Béate Vervaecke | e-Zen
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 28, 2009
            Hi Craig,

            This code is not related to GA.

            The cookie set by this code expires after 30 days and when looking at the
            conversions through the AdWords reporting, You’ll notice that conversions
            are attributed to the first cookie set, not the last.

            When tracking conversions with GA, the traffic source is kept for 6 months,
            and the last non-direct traffic source gets the conversion.

            Béate Vervaecke

            Thanks to all of you who have taken this brief survey so far. I'd like to
            get a few more responses by end of the week - so if you haven't responded
            yet it will be really helpful for me if you did. I will publish results when
            i have them.

            Thanks again.
            Chad

            On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Chad Hollingsworth
            <chad.holls@... <mailto:chad.holls%40gmail.com>
            <mailto:chad.holls%40gmail.com>>wrote:

            > Hi everyone,
            >
            > I created a really simple survey to find out what analytics solutions
            > everyone is using. I would really appreciate your help. There are only 2
            > questions: which solutions you use and what industry you work in. It is
            > completely anonymous.
            >
            > http://tinyurl.com/dyu8pf
            >
            > Thanks in advance for your help.
            >
            > Chad Hollingsworth
            > Web Analyst
            > United Future

          • Thomas Bosilevac
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 28, 2009
              Chad, it would be interesting to see this data compared with the
              webanalytics demystified vendor tool stats as well as some of the
              stats offered in the WASP blog.
              Thomas Bosilevac
              Program Manager
              (sent using mobile phone. Please forgive typing errors and shortcuts)