Omniture Summit Chatter

  • Chris Walsh
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 13, 2009
      So, Omniture Summit is next week (http://events.omniture.com/summit/2009/slc/) and I'm a bit surprised that I haven't heard very much chatter on the list about folks attending. Has the corporate budget slashing stopped a few of you from attending this year?

      As this will be one of my first years actually attending the event, do any list members have "must see" or "must do" items on their list?

      Omniture users may be interested in a few of the products submitted on the developers website code gallery. They had a developers competition that featured some cool Omniture integration products, such as a Wordpress integration, Alexa stats integration, and a product that I helped develop. It was featured on their blog last week. http://developer.omniture.com/node/364 (shameless plug).

      Chris

    • greg1205
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 13, 2009
        I'll be at Summit and would love to meet up with anyone involved in predictive analytics,
        social media, etc.

        I can be reached by email at gasman at aspenms dot com or on Twitter at @gregasman.

        Greg Asman
        Director of Web Analytics
        Aspen Marketing Services
        blog.aspenms.com

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Chris Walsh <walsh_chris@...> wrote:

        > So, Omniture Summit is next week (http://events.omniture.com/summit/2009/slc/) and
        I'm a bit surprised that I haven't heard very much chatter on the list about folks attending.
        Has the corporate budget slashing stopped a few of you from attending this year?

        > As this will be one of my first years actually attending the event, do any list members
        have "must see" or "must do" items on their list?

        > Omniture users may be interested in a few of the products submitted on the developers
        website code gallery. They had a developers competition that featured some cool
        Omniture integration products, such as a Wordpress integration, Alexa stats integration,
        and a product that I helped develop. It was featured on their blog last week.
        http://developer.omniture.com/node/364 (shameless plug).

        > Chris

      • G. K. Endress
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 13, 2009
          Hi,

          I attended the Omniture Summit the last 2 years but my position was eliminated and they outsourced all web analytics at my last job, so unfortunately I won't be going to the Omniture Summit this year (anyone hiring in Colorado or remotely?).

          Which is too bad, I was really looking forward to going again.

          Must do: Birds of a Feather activities (great for networking).

          The keynotes are usually good, and some of the side tracks can be good as well. And of course you can't miss the party at the Depot, or the after party (lots of fun to be had there). All work and no play makes a conference boring! But definitely I found the the most value in the Birds of a Feather and other networking opportunities.

          Everyone who is attending - Enjoy!

          Gabi

          ________________________________
          "The cosmos is all that is or ever was or ever will be. Our feeblest contemplations of the cosmos stir us ... [and] we know we are approaching the greatest of mysteries" - Carl Sagan

          ________________________________
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 14, 2009
            Budget is definitely part of it, but we left a little disappointed in the
            event last year so we're going to spend money elsewhere. Wonderfully
            produced conference, lots of people/networking, and parties/skiing were
            absolutely fantastic, but there was little substance to any of the
            sessions beyond "its important to do [insert obvious buzzword/idea here],
            and to do it well you need to buy our product or our partner's product".

            When we got back, all we talked about were the "fluff" like skiing, Lance
            Armstrong, Flight of the Conchords, etc ... we had a great time but it
            felt more like a vacation than an actionable idea exchange. There was one
            session that I attended that never once stayed on topic - I even checked
            the sign on the way out to make sure I was in the right spot (I was), and
            listened to the audio again on Omniture's website to confirm that I didn't
            miss something the first
            time.

            I saw on here some have gotten a lot of value out of the event in the past
            and honestly, that's great. I love Omniture's products and am glad we're
            customers, just won't be spending the dough on Summit this year.

            Just my opinion - I'm looking forward to seeing recaps of this year.

            Will

            > So, Omniture Summit is next week
            > (http://events.omniture.com/summit/2009/slc/) and I'm a bit surprised that
            > I haven't heard very much chatter on the list about folks attending. Has
            > the corporate budget slashing stopped a few of you from attending this
            > year?
            >
            > As this will be one of my first years actually attending the event, do any
            > list members have "must see" or "must do" items on their list?
            >
            > Omniture users may be interested in a few of the products submitted on the
            > developers website code gallery. They had a developers competition that
            > featured some cool Omniture integration products, such as a Wordpress
            > integration, Alexa stats integration, and a product that I helped develop.
            > It was featured on their blog last week.
            > http://developer.omniture.com/node/364 (shameless plug).
            >
            > Chris

            William A. Devlin
            Internet Marketing
            Gander Direct Marketing Services, LLC

            wdevlin@...
          • Stephane Hamel
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 14, 2009
              Hi Chris,
              I'm going to be there for my 2nd time. To me, the #1 benefit is
              networking and as a consultant, going in tracks that are related
              to my client verticals. Last year keynotes were great and of
              course, skiing was fantastic!

              Since I've been speaking at conferences and attended several
              eMetrics, it's always an opportunity to renew contact with some of
              the leading consultants and practionners in the field.

              For me, it will also be an opportunity to spread the word about
              WASP new features for SiteCatalyst!

              See you there!

              Stephane Hamel
              http://immeria.net

              wrote:

              > So, Omniture Summit is next week
              (http://events.omniture.com/summit/2009/slc/) and I'm a bit
              surprised that I haven't heard very much chatter on the list about
              folks attending. Has the corporate budget slashing stopped a few
              of you from attending this year?

              > As this will be one of my first years actually attending the
              event, do any list members have "must see" or "must do" items on
              their list?

              > Omniture users may be interested in a few of the products
              submitted on the developers website code gallery. They had a
              developers competition that featured some cool Omniture
              integration products, such as a Wordpress integration, Alexa stats
              integration, and a product that I helped develop. It was featured
              on their blog last week. http://developer.omniture.com/node/364
              (shameless plug).

              > Chris

            • Walsh_chris

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 15, 2009
                  I was really looking forward to going this year. It would have been
                  my first time attending, and I was looking forward to some skiing!
                  However budget cuts eliminated all conferences this year. Oh well...

                  Kris G