Re: R in NYTimes...

  • Andy Edmonds
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2009
      Indeed, R has come a long way over the years. I'm using it
      increasingly often both for analyses and exploration, competing
      against Excel pivoting and t-tests.

      Your blog posts look great, but in a quick scan, I didnt see my
      favorite add-on: RGGobi. It provides an awesome scatterplot matrix
      with brushing: http://www.ggobi.org/rggobi/

      The images are so sexy that one triggered Flickr's adult content
      filter! http://flickr.com/photos/andyed/3078187356/

      I've also found the ODBC and SQLite connectors to be indispensable.

      Cheers, Andy

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Wexler" <wexler@...> wrote:

      > Many of you may use various analytic packages. One of the best bang
      > for the buck is the Open Source R Project for Statistical Computing
      > (http://www.r-project.org/).
      ..
      > If you are interested in learning more, I have some blog posts about R
      > in my R section (http://www.nettakeaway.com/tp/?s=R), and the home
      > page referenced above has tons of resources.

    • jpcburns
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 8, 2009
        Cool article...I use R too and it's refreshing to see some of the
        community based tools getting good exposure.

        The list on your blog is great info too...wish I had found it a long
        time ago when I was looking for R information and "accessories".
        Thanks for sharing it...

        Joe B.

        http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/07/technology/business-computing/07program.html