Your Web Analytics Top 5 for 2008?

  • michaelnotte
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2009
      Hi all,

      Best wishes for 2009 to everyone.

      2008 is just gone now. I was wondering what would be your personal top
      5 things related to Web Analytics (in general, in your job or
      whatever) that you would remember from 2008, that impressed you or any
      achievements you are proud of?

      For me:

      1. Increasing maturity & adoption of Web Analytics in my company
      2. The Web Analytics community
      3. The Nokia Methodology for defining online KPI's
      4. WASP
      5. Google (new services like Trends for Websites, Insights for search,
      Google Analytics improvements...)

      I cover these in more details on my blog:
      http://www.kaizen-analytics.com/2009/01/my-web-analytics-2008-top-5.html

      Cheers,

      Michael
      http://www.kaizen-analytics.com
    • ju2ltd
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2009
        For me:

        1. Finally working with Google Website Optimizer
        2. Recent Improvements to Google Analytics
        3. Voice of Customer Tools especially iPerceptions 4Q and Foresee
        Results ACSI
        4. Attending E-metrics 2008 London
        5. WASP for making my life a lot easier.

        Happy New Year,

        Jim.

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "michaelnotte"
        <michaelnotte@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > Best wishes for 2009 to everyone.
        >
        > 2008 is just gone now. I was wondering what would be your personal
        top
        > 5 things related to Web Analytics (in general, in your job or
        > whatever) that you would remember from 2008, that impressed you or
        any
        > achievements you are proud of?
        >
        > For me:
        >
        > 1. Increasing maturity & adoption of Web Analytics in my company
        > 2. The Web Analytics community
        > 3. The Nokia Methodology for defining online KPI's
        > 4. WASP
        > 5. Google (new services like Trends for Websites, Insights for
        search,
        > Google Analytics improvements...)
        >
        > I cover these in more details on my blog:
        > http://www.kaizen-analytics.com/2009/01/my-web-analytics-2008-top-
        5.html

        > Cheers,
        >
        > Michael
        > http://www.kaizen-analytics.com

      • Claudiu Murariu
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2009
          My 5:

          1. Yahoo Index Tools
          2. WASP
          3. tracking software install to software buy conversion rate
          4. developing our own tool for multivariate testing
          5. advanced segmentation in Google Analytics

          Wish you a good year and lots of actionable data :)

          Claudiu
          http://www.twitter.com/cllaudiu

          On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 4:06 PM, ju2ltd <jim@...> wrote:

          > For me:
          >
          > 1. Finally working with Google Website Optimizer
          > 2. Recent Improvements to Google Analytics
          > 3. Voice of Customer Tools especially iPerceptions 4Q and Foresee
          > Results ACSI
          > 4. Attending E-metrics 2008 London
          > 5. WASP for making my life a lot easier.
          >
          > Happy New Year,
          >
          > Jim.
          >
          > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com <webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > "michaelnotte"
          > <michaelnotte@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi all,
          > >
          > > Best wishes for 2009 to everyone.
          > >
          > > 2008 is just gone now. I was wondering what would be your personal
          > top
          > > 5 things related to Web Analytics (in general, in your job or
          > > whatever) that you would remember from 2008, that impressed you or
          > any
          > > achievements you are proud of?
          > >
          > > For me:
          > >
          > > 1. Increasing maturity & adoption of Web Analytics in my company
          > > 2. The Web Analytics community
          > > 3. The Nokia Methodology for defining online KPI's
          > > 4. WASP
          > > 5. Google (new services like Trends for Websites, Insights for
          > search,
          > > Google Analytics improvements...)
          > >
          > > I cover these in more details on my blog:
          > > http://www.kaizen-analytics.com/2009/01/my-web-analytics-2008-top-
          > 5.html
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > >
          > > Michael
          > > http://www.kaizen-analytics.com

        • Matt
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 5, 2009
            Hi Claudiu,

            Good call on Yahoo! Web Analytics (a.k.a. IndexTools) for 2009.
            Looks like Yahoo Merchant Solutions store clients are already
            getting a jump on it....

            "About 48% of the top 1,000 merchants operating Yahoo Stores have
            started using Yahoo Web Analytics since it was released in October
            as a free add-on to Yahoo Merchant Solutions' two top levels of
            service."

            http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=28900

            Matt

            --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Claudiu Murariu" <contact@...>