Re: GA - Zero visits for campaign record in report

  • nethab1
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2008
      When dealing with utm_* tags, utm_source is required, though it's the
      only required field, you can skip the utm_medium and/or utm_campaign,
      etc, but not utm_source.

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Kristof"
      <pete.kristof@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > I have a question about how GA processes data. I was testing a campaign
      > parameter, for example:
      >
      > www.site.com/?utm_campaign=test
      >
      > When I went into the report for that day, I saw the campaign 'test'
      in the
      > report, but it has 'zero' visits. I checked the following day in
      case it
      > just wasn't processed yet, but still no visits (or other metrics for
      that
      > matter). It's now been a week and I still see that 'test' campaign
      showing
      > up in the report but the metrics, such as visits, are zeros across the
      > board. I even completed goals during that visit, but don't see anything
      > showing up for the metrics.
      >
      > Why does this happen? Please help!
      >
      > Thanks

    • Peter Kristof
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2008
        I forgot to mention that I did use all the variables, not just utm_campaign,
        so I populated all the other variables with test* as well, and in all the
        reports, the test* record shows up, but with 0 visits.

        Re: GA - Zero visits for campaign record in
        report<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/webanalytics/message/20367;_ylc=X3oDMTJzMWJiMG81BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzEyOTc5MTQxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNTU4MgRtc2dJZAMyMDM2NwRzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxMjI4MzA2NzQ2>Posted
        by: "nethab1" nethab1@...
        <nethab1@...?Subject=+Re%3A%20GA%20-%20Zero%20visits%20for%20campaign%20record%20in%20report>
        nethab1 <http://profiles.yahoo.com/nethab1>Tue Dec 2, 2008 9:15 pm (PST)When
        dealing with utm_* tags, utm_source is required, though it's the
        only required field, you can skip the utm_medium and/or utm_campaign,
        etc, but not utm_source.

      • sidneysong
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 30, 2008
          I met same thing like you when I did same test as you did. Confused
          me a lot. I don't think it's possible having a visit "0" in the
          report. Why not ask Google's service and give us an answer on that?