Re: Google Analytics + cookiePathCopy

  • andersson117
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 30, 2008
      Hi again!
      I made new profile and filters like Andres suggested, but I didn't
      notice any difference between new and old profile's information.

      Hailong, I made own segment to "directory1" and now I can see on this
      segment's Content drilldown report also "directory2" and so on.
      So this means that user who visited in "directory1" visited also in
      "directory2" on same session? And according to this information, I
      don't know which folders user come first?

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Hailong XIA" <hailongxia@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Andersson,
      >
      > I'm thinking you could create a segment with *"page" contains
      "directory1"*,
      > and then in this segment report, you could find, on the content -->
      content
      > drilldown report, the "directory2" and the related metric.
      >
      > If you want to know more, you could create a segment with *page
      contains
      > directory 1 "and" page contains directory2*, then you can get all
      the
      > metrics of the visits who have passed all these two directories.
      >
      > However, in this way, you can't know which group of visitors passed
      form
      > directory 1 to directory 2, nor the opposite case.
      >
      > An alternative is you can create a segment with *"landing page"
      contains
      > "directory1" "and" "page" contains "directory2"*, then you can get
      > sampling of visitor who go to directory2 from directory1.
      >
      > I don't know how can exactly separate these two groups of visitors.
      may be
      > the others have a solution? Don't hesitate to share, thanks.
      >

      > 2008/11/27 andersson117 <andersson117@...>
      >
      > > Hi
      > > Thank you for your answers!
      > >
      > > Andres, you understood correcly what I meant.
      > > I am going to do this kind of profile + filter and I'll tell how
      it
      > > works.
      > >
      > > And Hailong, using advanced segment sounds the most easiest choise
      but
      > > I don't exactly understand what should I do.
      > > I am very happy if you can give some more information?

    • londonturu
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2008
        Hi Anderson,

        In the new profile, all your contents for any /directory
        (/directory/...) are grouped under a single content named /directory?

        You should have this in your top content report.

        If it's not like that then something went wrong with the filter.

        Both profiles at overview level should look the same because you're
        not excluding any traffic you are just transforming Request URI.

        If the top content shows /directory contents, click in one of them and
        go to the navigation summary you'll see the cross session navigation.

        Andres
        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "andersson117" <andersson117@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi again!
        > I made new profile and filters like Andres suggested, but I didn't
        > notice any difference between new and old profile's information.
        >
        > Hailong, I made own segment to "directory1" and now I can see on this
        > segment's Content drilldown report also "directory2" and so on.
        > So this means that user who visited in "directory1" visited also in
        > "directory2" on same session? And according to this information, I
        > don't know which folders user come first?
        >

        > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Hailong XIA" <hailongxia@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Andersson,
        > >
        > > I'm thinking you could create a segment with *"page" contains
        > "directory1"*,
        > > and then in this segment report, you could find, on the content -->
        > content
        > > drilldown report, the "directory2" and the related metric.
        > >
        > > If you want to know more, you could create a segment with *page
        > contains
        > > directory 1 "and" page contains directory2*, then you can get all
        > the
        > > metrics of the visits who have passed all these two directories.
        > >
        > > However, in this way, you can't know which group of visitors passed
        > form
        > > directory 1 to directory 2, nor the opposite case.
        > >
        > > An alternative is you can create a segment with *"landing page"
        > contains
        > > "directory1" "and" "page" contains "directory2"*, then you can get
        > > sampling of visitor who go to directory2 from directory1.
        > >
        > > I don't know how can exactly separate these two groups of visitors.
        > may be
        > > the others have a solution? Don't hesitate to share, thanks.
        > >

        > > 2008/11/27 andersson117 <andersson117@>
        > >
        > > > Hi
        > > > Thank you for your answers!
        > > >
        > > > Andres, you understood correcly what I meant.
        > > > I am going to do this kind of profile + filter and I'll tell how
        > it
        > > > works.
        > > >
        > > > And Hailong, using advanced segment sounds the most easiest choise
        > but
        > > > I don't exactly understand what should I do.
        > > > I am very happy if you can give some more information?

      • Hailong XIA
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 1, 2008
          Hi,

          I supposed the advanced segment is session based so the visits on directory2
          you see on your directory1 segment are the visits on common of the two
          directory. As I explained in my last mail, this way you wouldn't know which
          folders users come first.

          I don't find a way to isolate all the traffic from directory1 to directory2,
          but only a sampling, that's to say, the ones landing on directory1 and then
          go to directory2, by creating a segment with filter 1: landing page
          =directory1 and filter 2: page=directory2

          Good Luck!

          Feel free if you need any more discussion.

          Regards,

          Hailong