Educational GA Account for students (maybe open WAA champ account again?)

  • victor.geer
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 27 2:59 AM
      Hi All,

      I was invited to give an presentation about Web Analytics to 200
      students at the Hogeschool Utrecht in the Netherlands on Monday. The
      teacher also asked me if I could provide the 1st year students with a
      nice case, which they could test their analytical skills. Since Google
      Analytics is very user friend this seemed to me like a very good
      choice for getting them started with Analytics.

      I tryed to convince a couple of clients and people to give me access
      to their Google Analytics account, but since some were protective of
      their data (which is understandable) and others didn't want to have
      200 students crawing around on their website (cause this will majorly
      affect you averages on the site, if the site is not so big, etc.).

      My company also participated with the WAA championship and this would
      have been a great case for them (but they closed up the account again
      :-(). So I was wondering if the account could be opened up again or if
      somebody else is interested in having 200 student looking at your
      website (maybe it's your target audience and this is a nice marketing
      opportunity or you have a nice blog which you want to share). If
      anybody could provide a cool case for the student, then that would be
      really helpful!

      Help me with spreading some of that analytical love ;-)

      Thanks in advance!
      Victor Geerdink
      User Intelligence
    • Daniel Waisberg
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 27 6:21 AM
        Hi Victor,
        looks like an interesting idea. It certainly might be an option to re-open
        the WAA account, but I will double check and get back to you. Also, we will
        have a 2009 version of the championship, which might include other tools...
        When is your course supposed to happen? You might consider having the
        championship as the final exam, we can think about a joint effort ;-) Let's
        discuss offline...

        Thanks a lot, and we will be waiting for you in the Championship 2009 :-)

        Daniel Waisberg
        Co-chair of marketing

        On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 12:59 PM, victor.geer <victor.geerdink@...>wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > I was invited to give an presentation about Web Analytics to 200
        > students at the Hogeschool Utrecht in the Netherlands on Monday. The
        > teacher also asked me if I could provide the 1st year students with a
        > nice case, which they could test their analytical skills. Since Google
        > Analytics is very user friend this seemed to me like a very good
        > choice for getting them started with Analytics.
        >
        > I tryed to convince a couple of clients and people to give me access
        > to their Google Analytics account, but since some were protective of
        > their data (which is understandable) and others didn't want to have
        > 200 students crawing around on their website (cause this will majorly
        > affect you averages on the site, if the site is not so big, etc.).
        >
        > My company also participated with the WAA championship and this would
        > have been a great case for them (but they closed up the account again
        > :-(). So I was wondering if the account could be opened up again or if
        > somebody else is interested in having 200 student looking at your
        > website (maybe it's your target audience and this is a nice marketing
        > opportunity or you have a nice blog which you want to share). If
        > anybody could provide a cool case for the student, then that would be
        > really helpful!
        >
        > Help me with spreading some of that analytical love ;-)
        >
        > Thanks in advance!
        > Victor Geerdink
        > User Intelligence

      • Emiel Kamzol
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 27 6:34 AM
          HI victor,

          I think that I can help you. Client of mine has no problem if you gone
          use his ga account.

          --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "victor.geer"
          <victor.geerdink@...> wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          > I was invited to give an presentation about Web Analytics to 200
          > students at the Hogeschool Utrecht in the Netherlands on Monday. The
          > teacher also asked me if I could provide the 1st year students with a
          > nice case, which they could test their analytical skills. Since Google
          > Analytics is very user friend this seemed to me like a very good
          > choice for getting them started with Analytics.
          >
          > I tryed to convince a couple of clients and people to give me access
          > to their Google Analytics account, but since some were protective of
          > their data (which is understandable) and others didn't want to have
          > 200 students crawing around on their website (cause this will majorly
          > affect you averages on the site, if the site is not so big, etc.).
          >
          > My company also participated with the WAA championship and this would
          > have been a great case for them (but they closed up the account again
          > :-(). So I was wondering if the account could be opened up again or if
          > somebody else is interested in having 200 student looking at your
          > website (maybe it's your target audience and this is a nice marketing
          > opportunity or you have a nice blog which you want to share). If
          > anybody could provide a cool case for the student, then that would be
          > really helpful!
          >
          > Help me with spreading some of that analytical love ;-)
          >
          > Thanks in advance!
          > Victor Geerdink
          > User Intelligence

        • Anil Batra
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 27 9:27 AM
            I might also be able to provide access to ga account on one of the sites I
            am working with.

            Let's connect offline.

            Anil

            --
            Anil Batra
            http://www.AnilBatra.com

          • Rita Williams
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 27 4:01 PM
              Hi Daniel,

              I think this would be a useful addition to the UBC courses as well.

              Rita Williams (completed UBC certificate May 08)

              On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 6:21 AM, Daniel Waisberg <dwaisberg@...>wrote:

              > Hi Victor,
              > looks like an interesting idea. It certainly might be an option to re-open
              > the WAA account, but I will double check and get back to you. Also, we will
              > have a 2009 version of the championship, which might include other tools...
              > When is your course supposed to happen? You might consider having the
              > championship as the final exam, we can think about a joint effort ;-) Let's
              > discuss offline...
              >
              > Thanks a lot, and we will be waiting for you in the Championship 2009 :-)
              >
              > Daniel Waisberg
              > Co-chair of marketing
              >
              > On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 12:59 PM, victor.geer <victor.geerdink@...<victor.geerdink%40gmail.com>
              > >wrote:
              >

              > > Hi All,
              > >
              > > I was invited to give an presentation about Web Analytics to 200
              > > students at the Hogeschool Utrecht in the Netherlands on Monday. The
              > > teacher also asked me if I could provide the 1st year students with a
              > > nice case, which they could test their analytical skills. Since Google
              > > Analytics is very user friend this seemed to me like a very good
              > > choice for getting them started with Analytics.
              > >
              > > I tryed to convince a couple of clients and people to give me access
              > > to their Google Analytics account, but since some were protective of
              > > their data (which is understandable) and others didn't want to have
              > > 200 students crawing around on their website (cause this will majorly
              > > affect you averages on the site, if the site is not so big, etc.).
              > >
              > > My company also participated with the WAA championship and this would
              > > have been a great case for them (but they closed up the account again
              > > :-(). So I was wondering if the account could be opened up again or if
              > > somebody else is interested in having 200 student looking at your
              > > website (maybe it's your target audience and this is a nice marketing
              > > opportunity or you have a nice blog which you want to share). If
              > > anybody could provide a cool case for the student, then that would be
              > > really helpful!
              > >
              > > Help me with spreading some of that analytical love ;-)
              > >
              > > Thanks in advance!
              > > Victor Geerdink
              > > User Intelligence

            • victor.geer
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 28 2:54 AM
                Hi all,

                Thanks for your quick responses. The course is currently in progress
                and is about evaluation methods (usability, WA, survey's, etc.) They
                asked me to give a guest lecture about Web Analytics and help them to
                find a cool assignment(I am an alummni ;-), and it nice to have
                someone in the field to talk about their subject).

                The presentation will be on Monday, so that is actually pretty soon. I
                think the more variation in web sites and accounts the more
                interesting the assignment will be for the students.

                Thx all!
                Victor

                --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Waisberg" <dwaisberg@...>