Re: [webanalytics] Rates for Washington Analyst

  • Philippa Gamse
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2008
      Hi Troy,

      > My company has a couple of clients who are interested in hiring us to
      > go through the data captured by Google Analytics and make
      > recommendations for small web initiatives.

      Aside from the concern that it might be a violation of anti-trust laws
      to discuss specific rates in this public forum, let me offer you this:

      What your clients are asking for is recommendations that could
      make major bottom line improvements to their business. The value
      that they could derive from your insights should be seen as beyond
      "hired help" hourly rates - they are bringing you in as an expert. It
      shouldn't matter how long it takes you to come up with an idea that
      makes them thousands of dollars.

      I highly recommend that you read "Million Dollar Consulting" or
      anything else by Alan Weiss. He talks about value-based fees -
      in truth I've never made that work, but I do charge on a project
      basis - which means that the client gets the deliverable they
      asked for, and they've never asked me how long I worked!

      Hope this helps,
      Philippa

      Philippa Gamse, CMC
      Maximize your Website profitability!