Re: DART for Advertisers vs Google Urchin

  • Brian Clifton
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2008
      I think you are spot on here with your description - DFA measures clicks, GA (and any
      other on-site web analytics tool) measures visitors. Those are never going to be exactly
      the same. Can DFA strip out the multiple clicks from the same user?

      Also it would be worth tracking what happens to the HTML headers as a visitor clicks
      through on an ad. For example DFA uses redirects and it may be these are stripping out
      the campaign parameters GA needs to identify such clicks.

      For a comprehensive breakdown of accuracy issues for on-site web analytics tools, have a
      read of "Increasing Accuracy for Online Business Growth" - a free PDF whitepaper from
      myself:
      http://www.advanced-web-metrics.com/accuracy-whitepaper/?utm_id=12

      I would be interested in your feedback.

      Best regards, Brian