Omniture vs. ClickTracks

  • Melanie Paris Jones
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2008
      Has anyone used both Omniture SiteCatalyst and ClickTracks? We're
      using SiteCatalyst now, but it won't integrate with our email service
      (from Lyris). We've got to change one or the other. Would we find
      ClickTracks a huge step backward from SiteCatalyst?
    • Hugh
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2008
        Hi,

        I think it depends on the version of ClickTracks you have in mind and
        the kind of analysis you need to do. I've used SiteCatalyst and
        ClickTracks Pro, their Enterprise level product and I found it to be a
        very powerful web analytics tool. I especially liked the high level of
        flexibility of segmentation and cross segmentation available with CT
        Pro as well as their unique approach to scenario analysis which goes
        beyond the standard funnel.

        I used SiteCatalyst a couple of years ago so product improvements may
        have been made since then but based on the version I used compared
        with CT Pro I found the level of insight available from CT Pro to
        stand up very well by comparison.

        Hugh

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Melanie Paris Jones"
        <melanie.jones@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone used both Omniture SiteCatalyst and ClickTracks? We're
        > using SiteCatalyst now, but it won't integrate with our email service
        > (from Lyris). We've got to change one or the other. Would we find
        > ClickTracks a huge step backward from SiteCatalyst?

      • Leslie Chacon
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
          Hi Melanie,

          I use both tools, and I think the most important question is what tool will best serve your analytical needs the most. If your not customizing data collection with evars, events, and segementations (if you had Discover) to it's fullest potential then Clicktracks might be a great solution for your firm for the next two years. However, if there are items that you need collected and Clicktracks can't forfill them then it's def not worth the request proposal, just keep tagging your email URLs.

          If you had any other questions please let me know.

          Cheers!
          Leslie