implementing GA in PHP

  • Scott B
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 25, 2008
      One of my clients has a site done in PHP with OSCommerce. I am having
      a tough time implementing GA onto the main pages. I don't need to
      worry about tracking all the ecommerce pages right now, just the main
      pages: home, about, products, etc. Has anyone any experience in
      implementing GA into php modules? I can do HTML/CSS, but beyond that,
      I start to whistle and tap dance my way out of the room.

      Thanks,
      Scott
    • kpinomics
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 25, 2008
        Hi Scott,
        I haven't dealt with OSCommerce myself but you can use a Google
        Analytics module that includes ecommerce tracking located here:
        http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3756
        I'd check first though if you have any security warnings during the
        checkout process.
        Otherwise, just add the GA code to the "footer.php" file or its
        equivalent (there's bound to be one).

        Cheers
        Keemo
        http://www.kpinomics.com

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Scott B" <scottbmaps@...> wrote:

        > One of my clients has a site done in PHP with OSCommerce. I am having
        > a tough time implementing GA onto the main pages. I don't need to
        > worry about tracking all the ecommerce pages right now, just the main
        > pages: home, about, products, etc. Has anyone any experience in
        > implementing GA into php modules? I can do HTML/CSS, but beyond that,
        > I start to whistle and tap dance my way out of the room.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Scott

      • ALAN ARCILLA
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 29, 2008
          If you know your way around oscommerce that's pretty easy. Just find and open the files of interest andĀ find the code end tags for body and html (i.e. </body></html>) and put in the code for GA and you're done. I hope this helps.

          I haven't dealt with OSCommerce myself but you can use a Google
          Analytics module that includes ecommerce tracking located here:
          http://addons. oscommerce. com/info/ 3756
          I'd check first though if you have any security warnings during the
          checkout process.
          Otherwise, just add the GA code to the "footer.php" file or its
          equivalent (there's bound to be one).

          Cheers
          Keemo
          http://www.kpinomic s.com

          --- In webanalytics@ yahoogroups. com, "Scott B" <scottbmaps@ ...> wrote:

          > One of my clients has a site done in PHP with OSCommerce. I am having
          > a tough time implementing GA onto the main pages. I don't need to
          > worry about tracking all the ecommerce pages right now, just the main
          > pages: home, about, products, etc. Has anyone any experience in
          > implementing GA into php modules? I can do HTML/CSS, but beyond that,
          > I start to whistle and tap dance my way out of the room.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Scott

        • Hailong XIA
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 30, 2008
            Hi, I have never touched OSCommerce however I have worked with quite a bit
            PHP Opensource CMS. Normally, on these kinds of system, there is a file
            named index.php (on the main directory or more often, on the template
            directory used currently). Find this file and see if there is the </body>
            tag on it, if not, check the last "include" or "required" file. Check also
            footer.php or foot.php if there is. Anyway, try to find </body> tag, and
            place GA code just in front of this tag.