Re: [webanalytics] Company Bypasses Cookie-Deleting Consumers

  • brian@omegadm.co.uk
    Message 1 of 51 , Apr 4, 2005
      Scary stuff. I can't believe Macromedia will allow this to
      continue though. The only thing it is likely to result in, is
      "38% of users deleting the Flash ActiveX/plugin in IE"...

      > "United Virtualities is offering online marketers and publishers
      > technology that attempts to undermine the growing trend among consumers
      > to delete cookies planted in their computers.
      >
      > The New York company on Thursday unveiled what it calls PIE, or
      > persistent identification element, a technology that's uploaded to a
      > browser and restores deleted cookies. In addition, PIE, which can't be
      > easily removed, can also act as a cookie backup, since it contains the
      > same information."
      >
      > More: http://www.internetweek.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=160400749
      >
      > cheers
      >
      > Alex

      Omega Digital Media Ltd

      I N T E G R A T E D ~ W E B ~ S O L U T I O N S

      Phone: +44 (0)1444 410202
      Fax: +44 (0)1444 456814

      http://www.omegadm.co.uk
      Cuckfield House, High Street, Cuckfield, West Sussex RH17 5EL
    • Jakari Barbee
      Message 51 of 51 , Apr 4, 2005

        I’ll personally just wait on Microsoft to introduce the next version of IE which probably won’t even run Flash if that’s the case…and we’ll see how they like that one!!!

        Jakari Barbee | eMetrics Strategist |

         jakari@... | WebMetro.com

        Phone: 909.599.8885 Ext.126 | Fax: 909.599.8887 |

        160 East Via Verde Ave, Suite 220 | San Dimas, CA 91773 |