Company Bypasses Cookie-Deleting Consumers

  • Alex Chudnovsky
    Message 1 of 51 , Apr 4, 2005
      "United Virtualities is offering online marketers and publishers
      technology that attempts to undermine the growing trend among consumers
      to delete cookies planted in their computers.

      The New York company on Thursday unveiled what it calls PIE, or
      persistent identification element, a technology that's uploaded to a
      browser and restores deleted cookies. In addition, PIE, which can't be
      easily removed, can also act as a cookie backup, since it contains the
      same information."

      More: http://www.internetweek.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=160400749

      cheers

      Alex
    • Jakari Barbee
      Message 51 of 51 , Apr 4, 2005

        I’ll personally just wait on Microsoft to introduce the next version of IE which probably won’t even run Flash if that’s the case…and we’ll see how they like that one!!!

        Jakari Barbee | eMetrics Strategist |

         jakari@... | WebMetro.com

        Phone: 909.599.8885 Ext.126 | Fax: 909.599.8887 |

        160 East Via Verde Ave, Suite 220 | San Dimas, CA 91773 |