Competitive Knowledge from Web Analytics?

  • jencerami
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2004
      Where can I begin my due dillegence finding a quality provider of
      competive knowledge for online upstream and downstreams from my
      site? I know Hitwise is a great source for this, but what other
      vendors offer similar "sites visited directly before" and "sites
      visited directly after" statistics?
    • monkeypawjohnson
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2004
        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "jencerami" <jencerami@y...> wrote:
        > Where can I begin my due dillegence finding a quality provider of
        > competive knowledge for online upstream and downstreams from my
        > site? I know Hitwise is a great source for this, but what other
        > vendors offer similar "sites visited directly before" and "sites
        > visited directly after" statistics?

        ComScore, Claria and Compete are three vendors that offer the insight
        you are looking for. ComScore and Claria are both client side
        applications that gaher information, Compete uses ISP logs. Each one
        has it positives and negatives depending on what you need. I would
        start with those three then branch out if you need.