Campaign Names Not Being Tracked in Google Analytics

  • Caesar Chu
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2008
      Hi I am using Google Analytic Campaign Names to track customer types
      so that I can measure conversion for a specific customer type. When
      my template loads it simply looks at the customer type of the user and
      passes it to GA via campaign name. I have done the following test on
      my website but the campaign name does not seem to appear in my
      Campaign reports. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Do i need
      to put the set the VARs after initData()?. Here is the code.

      <script type="text/javascript">
      var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-3733635-1");
      pageTracker._setCampNameKey("test"); // name
      pageTracker._setCampMediumKey("test"); // medium
      pageTracker._setCampSourceKey("test"); // source
      pageTracker._initData();
      pageTracker._trackPageview();
      </script>
    • Julien Coquet
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2008
        Hi Caesar,

        may I suggest you read this page carefully:
        http://code.google.com/apis/analytics/docs/gaJSApiCampaignTracking.html

        --
        Julien Coquet
        julien.coquet@...