Google Analytics I see url and the trackPageview in content report

  • tervebe
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2008
      Hi,

      Any ideas on this?

      In the Google Analytics content report, I see each page twice, once
      with its' url-name, and once with its' _trackPageview name.

      * The site is an asp-site
      * Each page exists as an htpp and an htpps
      * I just checked the code and it's correct:
      <script type="text/javascript">
      var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ?
      "https://ssl." : "http://www.");
      document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost +
      "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
      </script>
      <script type="text/javascript">
      var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-XXXXXXX-1");
      pageTracker._initData();
      pageTracker._trackPageview();
      pageTracker._trackPageview("/nl/over/faq")
      </script>

      I did a search on this forum, Google analytics help and broader, but
      couldn't find the explanation. (I'm afraid of the YouTube video :-)

      Thanks!
    • bhagawat jadhav
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 31, 2008
        Hi Dear,

        The reason behind it is you have used pageTracker. _trackPageview function two times.

        So definitely it will track by both names.

        Solution for your problem is to remove "pageTracker. _trackPageview( );" from the code.

        And your code should be as

        <script type="text/javascri pt">

        var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location. protocol) ?

        "https://ssl." : "http://www.");

        document.write( unescape( "%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost +

        "google-analytics. com/ga.js' type='text/javascri pt'%3E%3C/ script%3E" ));

        </script>

        <script type="text/javascri pt">

        var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker( "UA-XXXXXXX- 1");

        pageTracker. _initData( );

        pageTracker. _trackPageview( "/nl/over/ faq")

        </script>

        I am sure that it will solve your problem.

        Thanks & Regards,
        Bhagawat J.
        Position2.com
        +91 9986508042
        skype id: bhagawat23
        gmailid: bhagawat.jadhav@...

[...]

        Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/invite/

      • Julien Coquet
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 31, 2008
          Then again, you're calling _trackPageview twice so it's perfectly normal to
          see both types of entries...

          stick to the second call ("/nl/over/faq") if it makes more business sense

          --
          Julien Coquet
          julien.coquet@...

        • Jared Huber
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 31, 2008
            Hello,
            In the code sample below, there are two separate calls to
            Google Analytics' pageTracker._trackPageview function.  Each of these
            will create a separate pageview in reporting.  The first is generating
            the URL pageviews in reporting.  The second appears to be populated
            from the server with what you called the "trackPageview" names.

            Removing the first instance of pageTracker._trackPageview should clean up the duplicates.

            Hope this helps,
            Jared Huber

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 31, 2008
              Hi,

              I'm not sure why you are calling the _trackPageView function twice. The
              second call doesn't need to be there.

              -Bill

              ___

              <http://www.stratigent.com/?cid=BB>

              Bill Bruno
              Principal
              Stratigent, LLC

              Office: 630.658.2215

              Cell: 773.203.6596
              Fax: 630.658.2201
              Email: bill.bruno@... <mailto:bill.bruno@...>

              The Stratigent Advantage
              <http://www.stratigent.com/stratigent-advantage/default.html?cid=BB> |
              Stratigent's Confidence Audit
              <http://www.stratigent.com/strategy/confidence-audit/default.html?cid=BB
              > | Stratigent Speaks: Online Marketing Summit
              <http://www.onlinemarketingsummit.com/>

              Copyright Stratigent, LLC, all rights reserved. This email message and
              any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipients, and
              contain confidential and proprietary information. Any unauthorized use,
              disclosure or distribution of this email message or its attachments is
              prohibited.

[...]

            • Béate Vervaecke | e-Zen
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
                How stupid of me not to see that!