Configuring Omniture to track Campaigns and products

  • Stephen Wagh
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19, 2008
      Hi ,

      Can anyone let me know how to track the campaigns and products in Omniture site catalyst.

      Thanks in advance,

      Stephen

    • G. K. Endress
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 19, 2008
        Stephen,
        What kind of campaigns are you trying to track? Pay-per-click? Banner? Email?
        The way I am tracking campgians is by using a tracking code in the campaign URLs (something like http://www.url.com/index.html?cid=457483). Then I use the classifications to identify each tracking code (name of campaign, type of campaign, etc.). You should go into the Omniture Knowledgebase and look up campaigns and classifications - they have step by step guides on how to set these things up.
        Gabi

        "The cosmos is all that is or ever was or ever will be. Our feeblest contemplations of the cosmos stir us ... [and] we know we are approaching the greatest of mysteries" - Carl Sagan