Does anyone know about this?

  • Linda Starr
    Message 1 of 10 , May 28, 2008
      www.web-script.com

      It was recommended by someone I respect, just wanted some
      feedback...thanks! --Linda
    • fishcharge
      Message 2 of 10 , May 29, 2008
        Any reason that you'd choose this over Google Analytics (which is free
        and has a better UI)?

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Starr"
        <WebAnalytics4m@...> wrote:

        > www.web-script.com
        >
        > It was recommended by someone I respect, just wanted some
        > feedback...thanks! --Linda

      • bryan.cristina
        Message 3 of 10 , May 29, 2008
          Well, the site's refusal to actually load would worry me a bit. If
          they can't get their web server in order I sure wouldn't trust my data
          with it.

          <WebAnalytics4m@...> wrote:

          > www.web-script.com
          >
          > It was recommended by someone I respect, just wanted some
          > feedback...thanks! --Linda

        • Linda Starr
          Message 4 of 10 , May 29, 2008
            It was recommended by an professional that I respect...however, this
            time, I'm having the same problem loading it as another person here
            mentioned earlier.

            Someone else recommended www.crazyegg.com which does heat mapping
            stats...pretty cool! Do you know about it?

            --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "fishcharge" <andrew@...> wrote:

            > Any reason that you'd choose this over Google Analytics (which is free
            > and has a better UI)?
            >

            > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Starr"
            > <WebAnalytics4m@> wrote:
            > >
            > > www.web-script.com
            > >
            > > It was recommended by someone I respect, just wanted some
            > > feedback...thanks! --Linda

          • fishcharge
            Message 5 of 10 , May 29, 2008
              Agreed - if you can't get it to work - that's probably your answer.

              I know Crazy Egg - but haven't used it. Without harping on too much
              about GA - you can get click-map overlays from them too (although
              Crazy Egg's do look way cooler!)

              --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "bryan.cristina"
              <bryan.cristina@...> wrote:

              > Well, the site's refusal to actually load would worry me a bit. If
              > they can't get their web server in order I sure wouldn't trust my data
              > with it.
              >
              > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Starr"
              > <WebAnalytics4m@> wrote:
              > >
              > > www.web-script.com
              > >
              > > It was recommended by someone I respect, just wanted some
              > > feedback...thanks! --Linda

            • Pete Brown
              Message 6 of 10 , May 30, 2008
                I contacted Webscript via their email form to get more details, a couple of
                days ago.
                Still no response, not even an auto confirm.
                Does not imply professionalism....... B-(

                Pete

                --
                Best regards

                Pete

                petes307@...

              • gahlord
                Message 7 of 10 , May 30, 2008
                  --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "fishcharge" <andrew@...> wrote:

                  > I know Crazy Egg - but haven't used it. Without harping on too much
                  > about GA - you can get click-map overlays from them too (although
                  > Crazy Egg's do look way cooler!)

                  It's important to note that CrazyEgg's overlay is based on where the
                  visitor clicks on a page. GA's overlay is based on what page got
                  loaded next.

                  So if you have Contact in your main nav and in the footer (both
                  reference the same page) and someone clicks on the Contact link in the
                  footer:

                  GA's overlay will show 1 visit at the Contact in the Nav and 1 visit
                  at the Contact in the footer. This is great maybe for helping you
                  figure out what people needed next, regardless of where they clicked?

                  CE's overlay will show 1 visit at the Contact in the footer. This is
                  great maybe for helping you understand where people click?

                  The "heatmap" view from CE is great for showing decision-makers (and
                  looks teh sw33t). The "confetti" and other views are more useful for
                  crunching numbers.
                • bryan.cristina
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 30, 2008
                    Bleh, I usually make my own anyway :) The data's all there to view in
                    the same reports that those clickmaps use anyway, so I dig right in to
                    the source. Now, if google would actually show more than 10 single
                    level paths my life would be easier. The data's there but they're
                    just hiding it, which sucks having to go backwards from your target pages.

                    --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "fishcharge" <andrew@...> wrote:

                    > Agreed - if you can't get it to work - that's probably your answer.
                    >
                    > I know Crazy Egg - but haven't used it. Without harping on too much
                    > about GA - you can get click-map overlays from them too (although
                    > Crazy Egg's do look way cooler!)
                    >
                    > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "bryan.cristina"
                    > <bryan.cristina@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Well, the site's refusal to actually load would worry me a bit. If
                    > > they can't get their web server in order I sure wouldn't trust my data
                    > > with it.
                    > >
                    > > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Starr"
                    > > <WebAnalytics4m@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > www.web-script.com
                    > > >
                    > > > It was recommended by someone I respect, just wanted some
                    > > > feedback...thanks! --Linda

                  • ALEX BRASIL
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 30, 2008
                      Agreed Bryan, this is one of those minor annoyances that just drives me batty and makes me wish I had access to the source or some variable to change to allow me to do this.

                      As for the heat maps themselves, Google's overlay can distinguish between the same links on a page, but like you I prefer to just dive into the data itself.

                      "bryan.cristina" <bryan.cristina@...> wrote: Bleh, I usually make my own anyway :) The data's all there to view in
                      the same reports that those clickmaps use anyway, so I dig right in to
                      the source. Now, if google would actually show more than 10 single
                      level paths my life would be easier. The data's there but they're
                      just hiding it, which sucks having to go backwards from your target pages.

                      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "fishcharge" <andrew@...> wrote:

                      > Agreed - if you can't get it to work - that's probably your answer.
                      >
                      > I know Crazy Egg - but haven't used it. Without harping on too much
                      > about GA - you can get click-map overlays from them too (although
                      > Crazy Egg's do look way cooler!)
                      >
                      > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "bryan.cristina"
                      > <bryan.cristina@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Well, the site's refusal to actually load would worry me a bit. If
                      > > they can't get their web server in order I sure wouldn't trust my data
                      > > with it.
                      > >
                      > > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Starr"
                      > > <WebAnalytics4m@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > www.web-script.com
                      > > >
                      > > > It was recommended by someone I respect, just wanted some
                      > > > feedback...thanks! --Linda

                    • Steve Bashiri
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 31, 2008
                        The fundamental problem I see with heat map and click map tools is, as you
                        change your content, you lose access to historical data. However, they are
                        a great way to track promotion and campaign success.