Google index https?

  • elizabethamcmahon
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 10:19 AM
      I have a client "Company X," who is outsourcing a financial services
      application. Because all of the outsourced pages are secured, Company X
      has placed the pages it serves on a secured server so customers can
      bounce back and forth between the third-party served app and Company
      X's content. This includes their home page.

      From a usability standpoint, we know we don't want the home page to be
      secured because we don't want to scare people off with any sort of
      certificate pop up. Regarding getting indexed by the engines, is
      this "entire site being secured" approach recommended?

      Thanks.
    • nethab1
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 4:55 PM
        Just as an FYI. Wellsfargo (a major US bank) uses HTTPS for all of
        their pages, even their homepage, and they appear in Google SERPS just
        fine.

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "elizabethamcmahon"
        <elizabethamcmahon@...> wrote:

        > I have a client "Company X," who is outsourcing a financial services
        > application. Because all of the outsourced pages are secured, Company X
        > has placed the pages it serves on a secured server so customers can
        > bounce back and forth between the third-party served app and Company
        > X's content. This includes their home page.
        >
        > From a usability standpoint, we know we don't want the home page to be
        > secured because we don't want to scare people off with any sort of
        > certificate pop up. Regarding getting indexed by the engines, is
        > this "entire site being secured" approach recommended?
        >
        > Thanks.

      • emiel.kamzol
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2 4:36 AM
          I have the same situation whit a'client of mine also not a' problem at
          all.