Re: HBX V2

  • Eric Peterson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2004
      Two quick things:

      1) While I don't think that Matt's response was "propaganda" and I
      do know that Matt's passion from Omniture stems from his actual use
      of SiteCatalyst -- not their business relationship -- I am all in
      favor of keeping propoganda to a minimum. I'm very proud of every
      vendor who has posted thus far being restrained regarding pitching
      their particular flavor of analytics. That being said, this group is
      only as good as the opinions of its membership ... have an opinion,
      state it, defend it ... and trust that I will intervene if anyone
      gets too "snippy" or is rude to another member in any way.

      2) WebSideStory is unable to post to this group and defend
      themselves (if needed) due to SEC regulations governing the quiet
      period prior to a public offering. While I'm sure that when the time
      comes they'll have a lot to say, let's please again be respectful
      when offering one's opinion (see comment #1) of ** any ** vendor's
      solution.

      Thanks!

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129nb72o2/M=295196.4901138.6071305.30011
      > 76/

      D=groups/S=1705005582:HM/EXP=1091396818/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*
      > htt
      > > p://companion.yahoo.com> click here
      > >
      > > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
      > M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=group
      > > s/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=418608364>
      > >
      > > _____
      > >
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > subject=Unsubscribe>

    • Matt Belkin
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
        Agreed - and just for the record, we are not an Omniture partner - just a
        satisfied customer.

        My passion for Omniture stems from my many years of Web Analytics experience
        (I've deployed over a half dozen platforms and thoroughly evaluated many
        more). I believe Omniture is highly differentiated in the market for a
        multitude of reasons, and while I do not believe Omniture is the best fit
        for every single website, when it comes to enterprise-class Analytics, I
        believe they are currently best-in-class. If you - or anyone else disagrees
        - think this forum is a great opportunity to discuss that. If I'm missing
        something that is mission-critical, I'd love to hear about it.

        Finally, I do have some insight into HBX v2 from various industry sources -
        not just the press release.

        ---------------------------------------
        Web Metrics Discussion Group
        Moderated by Eric T. Peterson
        Author, Web Analytics Demystified
        http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com
        <http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com>

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129dotttt/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/
        D=groups/S=1705005582:HM/EXP=1091415168/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*htt
        p://companion.yahoo.com> click here

        s/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=649659992>

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links