RE: [webanalytics] Path analysis by visits our visitors?

  • Andrew Stockwell
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2005
      At RedEye we also have a graphical representation of visitors in our path
      reports.

      Best regards,
      Andy

      Andy Stockwell, Account Manager
      Red Eye International Ltd. tel. 020 7627 9323 fax. 0870 164 2996
      em. andrew@... web. www.redeye.com

      RedEye are eCRM experts, providing the software and services that
      ebusinesses need to get more customers spending more money, more often.
      RedEye has a proven track record providing tailored solutions for online
      businesses and blue chip clients since 1997.

      RedEye are also proud sponsors of the eMetrics Summit's Web Analytics
      Conference held in London on 8th, 9th and 10th June 2005. For further
      details, please visit http://www.emetrics.org <http://www.emetrics.org/>

      From: "Matt Van Wagner" <matt@...>
      2. Re: Gender differences in visitor behavior?
      From: "Debora Geary" <dgeary@...>
      3. Did any of you notice that I'd done this?
      From: Eric Peterson <eric.peterson@...>
      4. Did any of you notice that I'd done this?
      From: Eric Peterson <eric.peterson@...>
      5. Re: Did any of you notice that I'd done this?
      From: Matt Belkin <mbelkin@...>
      6. Re: Did any of you notice that I'd done this?
      From: Jim Sterne <jsterne@...>
      7. > Path analysis by visits our visitors?
      From: sdonic@...

      Message: 1
      Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 15:13:23 -0500
      From: "Matt Van Wagner" <matt@...>
      Subject: RE: Gender differences in visitor behavior?

      Debora,

      Sorry not to respond to your question earlier. Been preparing for SES NYC
      where I am looking forward to meeting everyone and joining the new WAA.

      A company I am very familiar with, Next Stage Evolution Analytics, has
      research available (see description below) on gender experience on the web.
      The CRO, Joseph Carrabis, whom you may recognize from the 90's (if you are
      of a certain age, I guess) as one of the leading authors of computer
      programming texts, has done unbelievable work in this area.

      Go to http://www.nextstagevolution.com/researchpapers.cfm

      "What We're Learning About Visitors From Websites"

      Overview: This paper is based on a similarly titled presentation which has
      been given in several locations in the US and Canada in 2003 and early 2004,
      and is based on research on visitors and their needs on websites. The
      specific research on which this paper is based began in 1998, is ongoing,
      and includes studies of eCommerce, eLearning, Infotainment and Personal
      websites targeting a variety of demographics (male, female, ages from
      15-85yo, various vocational, educational and income backgrounds). The
      research itself was performed using both NextStage Evolution's (NSE)
      proprietary Evolution Technology (ET) and through visitor interviews and
      correspondence with website owners, visitors and designers. Research on the
      principles involved in ET began in 1987 and is ongoing. Development of ET
      itself began in 1991 and is ongoing.

      Evolution Technology is based on studies and research in some 120
      disciplines in four major fields; Anthropology, Linguistics, Mathematics and
      NeuroScience. Starting in 1991, eight basic tests have been performed and
      repeated at regular intervals in order to insure ET's being calibrated for
      the current web-browsing population. These eight tests include...

      Matt Van Wagner

      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      Matt Van Wagner matt@...
      President 603-557-7504
      Find Me Faster Fax 925-666-1434
      80 Stillwater Drive
      Nashua, NH 03062
      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

      Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 00:52:52 -0000
      From: "Debora Geary" <dgeary@...>

      Thanks Matt. My graduate degree is actually in Human Evolution, so
      I'm fascinated to see someone applying offshoots of that field to
      web experiences.

      Debora

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Van Wagner" <matt@f...>
      wrote:

      > Debora,
      >
      > Sorry not to respond to your question earlier. Been preparing
      for SES NYC
      > where I am looking forward to meeting everyone and joining the new
      WAA.

      > A company I am very familiar with, Next Stage Evolution Analytics,
      has
      > research available (see description below) on gender experience on
      the web.
      > The CRO, Joseph Carrabis, whom you may recognize from the 90's (if
      you are
      > of a certain age, I guess) as one of the leading authors of
      computer
      > programming texts, has done unbelievable work in this area.
      >
      > Go to http://www.nextstagevolution.com/researchpapers.cfm
      >
      > "What We're Learning About Visitors From Websites"
      >
      > Overview: This paper is based on a similarly titled presentation
      which has
      > been given in several locations in the US and Canada in 2003 and
      early 2004,
      > and is based on research on visitors and their needs on websites.
      The
      > specific research on which this paper is based began in 1998, is
      ongoing,
      > and includes studies of eCommerce, eLearning, Infotainment and
      Personal
      > websites targeting a variety of demographics (male, female, ages
      from
      > 15-85yo, various vocational, educational and income backgrounds).
      The
      > research itself was performed using both NextStage Evolution's
      (NSE)
      > proprietary Evolution Technology (ET) and through visitor
      interviews and
      > correspondence with website owners, visitors and designers.
      Research on the
      > principles involved in ET began in 1987 and is ongoing.
      Development of ET
      > itself began in 1991 and is ongoing.
      >
      > Evolution Technology is based on studies and research in some 120
      > disciplines in four major fields; Anthropology, Linguistics,
      Mathematics and
      > NeuroScience. Starting in 1991, eight basic tests have been
      performed and
      > repeated at regular intervals in order to insure ET's being
      calibrated for
      > the current web-browsing population. These eight tests include...
      >

      > Matt Van Wagner
      >
      > <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      > Matt Van Wagner matt@f...
      > President 603-557-7504
      > Find Me Faster Fax 925-666-1434
      > 80 Stillwater Drive
      > Nashua, NH 03062
      > <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

      Message: 3
      Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:01:57 -0800
      From: Eric Peterson <eric.peterson@...>
      Subject: Did any of you notice that I'd done this?

      Folks,

      Hey, I'm estatic! I have been able to get the search on my site
      working (thanks to great customer support at Atomz!) and so you can
      now search the content of most of the links in the list of web
      analytics links from the Web Analytics Demystified site (excepting the
      Yahoo! group which presents a unique set of problems that I think the
      WAA is trying to solve).

      Some cool searches you can do:

      "jim sterne" :
      http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-q=jim+sterne&sp-a=sp10031920&sp-p=all&sp-
      m=0&sp-f=ISO-8859-1

      "association" :
      http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp_a=sp10031920&sp_f=ISO-8859-1&sp_q=associa
      tion&sp-p=all&sp-m=0

      "buy my book!" :
      http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp_a=sp10031920&sp_f=ISO-8859-1&sp_q=buy+my+
      book%21&sp-p=all&sp-m=0

      (ok, the last search is self-serving ...)

      Anyway, check it out when you have a chance. All the more reason to
      add links you find to the list of links > helping to build the world's
      first truly comprehensive search of web analytics content!

      I hope everyone's having fun at SES! I wish now I would have just got
      on the damn plane but since Bryan and Jim stepped up I knew the
      cocktail hour was in great hands!
      --
      Eric T. Peterson
      Author, Web Analytics Demystified

      Have you joined the Metrics Discussion Group? Email
      webanalytics-subscribe@yahoogroups.com to join today!

      Message: 4

      Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 19:06:29 -0800 (PST)
      From: Matt Belkin <mbelkin@...>
      Subject: Re: Did any of you notice that I'd done this?

      Welcome to the world of internal search...looks like your zero yield page
      needs some help :)

      Eric Peterson <eric.peterson@...> wrote:Folks,

[...]

      ---------------------------------------
      Web Metrics Discussion Group
      Moderated by Eric T. Peterson
      Author, Web Analytics Demystified
      http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 6
      Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 22:20:03 -0800
      From: Jim Sterne <jsterne@...>

      At 05:01 PM 3/1/2005, Eric Peterson wrote:
      >Some cool searches you can do:
      >
      >"jim sterne" :
      >http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-q=jim+sterne&sp-a=sp10031920&sp-p=all&sp
      -m=0&sp-f=ISO-8859-1

      Oh my God! How did those pictures from my high school prom
      get in there!?!

      >I hope everyone's having fun at SES! I wish now I would have just got
      >on the damn plane but since Bryan and Jim stepped up I knew the
      >cocktail hour was in great hands!

      I managed to get in a warm-up with search engine guru
      Mike Grehan this evening.... getting ready for tomorrow...

      ---------------------------------------
      Jim Sterne
      www.targeting.com
      +1-805-965-3184