HBX V2

  • Ken Schafer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2004
      Hi all,

      I'm delurking to point the list to the log-in for HBX
      (https://login.hitbox.com/login) which has this notice (that I noticed
      for the first time today):

      <quote>

      WebSideStory will soon release the latest version of its flagship
      service, HBX. Version 2 of HBX has been designed based on direct
      customer feedback.

      Enhancements:

      - 'Tagless' Campaigns: Create and manage campaigns directly from the
      user interface, with no change in your page tags. You can define
      campaign response, leads and conversions from the user interface,
      simplifying your campaign measurement activities.

      - Conversion Rules: The conversion events introduced in HBX have been
      improved to include advanced rules such as conditional conversions and
      more.

      - Conversion Groups: Group any number of conversion rules and get
      conversion-specific reports in HBX.

      Add-ons:

      Active Segmentation: Use this add-on module to create advanced filters
      on your visitor sessions. Examples of filters may include any
      combination of geographical, purchase or site behavior parameters.
      Active Segmentation lets you create advanced segments directly from
      the user interface, with no changes in your HBX page tags.

      HBX v2 and Active Segmentation were developed to provide you greater
      control in improving your online business initiatives. We'll keep you
      updated on the release schedule.

      </quote>

      Is this the beginning of a new round of feature wars as we move into
      the fall? How do these new features fit into the picture presented by
      the NC article Eric recently linked to? Will HBX move into the lead or
      does Omniture have or plan to have similar features soon?

      Cheers,

      Ken Schafer
      Schafer Group - The Internet Best Practices Company
      mailto:web@...
      http://www.schafer.com
    • Matt Belkin
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 31, 2004
        As a former HitBox customer and current Omniture customer, here's my 2c.

        - 'Tagless' Campaigns: This has been available in other Web Analytics
        packages for quite a while, and has been a limitation of HitBox. I can't
        speak for other vendors, but I know Omniture rolled out this capability
        about 12 months ago.

        - Conversion rules and groups: Not sure about this one, though it may be
        similar to the notion of Calculated Metrics, which has been available for
        sometime.

        - Active Segmentation - This has been available thru other packages like
        Omniture, Visual Sciences, SageMetrics, and coreMetrics for sometime as
        well. The real question is whether this is a real-time engine (i.e. it acts
        on data as it is received) or if it is retroactive (i.e. it acts on data
        that has already been recorded). Those two capabilities are similar, but
        very different in what they provide to the customer. In my mind, any move
        by any vendor towards more segmentation features are good - I'm just not
        sure I'd characterize any of this as Hitbox "moving into the lead".

        I'm delurking to point the list to the log-in for HBX
        ( https://login.hitbox.com/login) <https://login.hitbox.com/login)>
[...]

        http://www.schafer.com <http://www.schafer.com>

        ---------------------------------------
        Web Metrics Discussion Group
        Moderated by Eric T. Peterson
        Author, Web Analytics Demystified
        http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com
        <http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com>

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129nb72o2/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/
        D=groups/S=1705005582:HM/EXP=1091396818/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*htt
        p://companion.yahoo.com> click here

        s/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=418608364>

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Mary
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 31, 2004
          Macromedia is an Omniture partner. Let's try to keep the propaganda
          to a minimum in this forum. I think it's a bit premature to make
          comments about an upcoming vendor release based on pre-release
          marketing material. For example, some vendors claim never to have
          lost a customer in eight years in their marketing material, which
          may be stretching the truth a bit... Why don't we wait until the
          release comes out before dismissing it, unless you've somehow seen
          an advance demonstration of it?

          --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Matt Belkin <mbelkin@m...>

          subject=Unsubscribe>

        • Eric Peterson
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 31, 2004
            Two quick things:

            1) While I don't think that Matt's response was "propaganda" and I
            do know that Matt's passion from Omniture stems from his actual use
            of SiteCatalyst -- not their business relationship -- I am all in
            favor of keeping propoganda to a minimum. I'm very proud of every
            vendor who has posted thus far being restrained regarding pitching
            their particular flavor of analytics. That being said, this group is
            only as good as the opinions of its membership ... have an opinion,
            state it, defend it ... and trust that I will intervene if anyone
            gets too "snippy" or is rude to another member in any way.

            2) WebSideStory is unable to post to this group and defend
            themselves (if needed) due to SEC regulations governing the quiet
            period prior to a public offering. While I'm sure that when the time
            comes they'll have a lot to say, let's please again be respectful
            when offering one's opinion (see comment #1) of ** any ** vendor's
            solution.

            Thanks!

          • Matt Belkin
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
              Agreed - and just for the record, we are not an Omniture partner - just a
              satisfied customer.

              My passion for Omniture stems from my many years of Web Analytics experience
              (I've deployed over a half dozen platforms and thoroughly evaluated many
              more). I believe Omniture is highly differentiated in the market for a
              multitude of reasons, and while I do not believe Omniture is the best fit
              for every single website, when it comes to enterprise-class Analytics, I
              believe they are currently best-in-class. If you - or anyone else disagrees
              - think this forum is a great opportunity to discuss that. If I'm missing
              something that is mission-critical, I'd love to hear about it.

              Finally, I do have some insight into HBX v2 from various industry sources -
              not just the press release.

> [...]

              > available for
              > > sometime.
              > >
              > > - Active Segmentation - This has been available thru other
              > packages like
              > > Omniture, Visual Sciences, SageMetrics, and coreMetrics for
              > sometime as
              > > well. The real question is whether this is a real-time engine
              > (i.e. it acts
              > > on data as it is received) or if it is retroactive (i.e. it acts
              > on data
              > > that has already been recorded). Those two capabilities are
              > similar, but
              > > very different in what they provide to the customer. In my mind,
              > any move
              > > by any vendor towards more segmentation features are good - I'm
              > just not
              > > sure I'd characterize any of this as Hitbox "moving into the

              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129dotttt/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/
              D=groups/S=1705005582:HM/EXP=1091415168/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*htt
              p://companion.yahoo.com> click here

              s/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=649659992>

              _____

              Yahoo! Groups Links