Re: Tealeaf

  • Stuart Taylor
    Message 1 of 36 , Mar 3, 2008
      Craig,

      thanks for putting a smile on my face on this cold grey UK Monday
      morning. That's stuff is gonna drive you insane!

      Just close your eyes, and repeat after me. "Its only a website".

      Stuart.

      P.S yes, obviously I know its not only a website, it is in fact bread
      and butter.

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Sullivan"
      <craig.sullivan@...> wrote:

      > OK,
      >

      > I'm going to give a list now - Stephen, you've fired me up here.
      >

      > (1) Browser compatibility
      >
      > (2) Performance design (page load time, availability, perception -
      > return control to user time, Ajax background loads)
      >
      > (3) QA - dedicated QA team for all releases
      >
      > (4) Email Delivery and Compatibility - using Lyris for email
      > compatibility checking + inbox snapshots of how it looks to customers
      > for ALL emails
      >
      > (5) User Centred Design processes - using UCD to deliver stuff for
      > customers, not HiPPOs
      >
      > (6) Usability - paper prototyping, low - high fidelity prototypes,
      > user testing (discount), user testing (full price), quarterly site
      > audits, card sorting etc.
      >
      > (7) Site availability and performance monitoring - Siteconfidence,
      > Keynote, Nagios - transactional and page load KPIs, Load testing, stress
      > testing, capacity planning
      >
      > (8) Error monitoring - all website errors, form submission errors,
      > download errors, any errors full stop - monitored, reported, alerted
      >
      > (9) Search - continual improvement program based on customer
      > searches, failures, CTR, spelling mistakes, thesaurus with faceted
      > filtering coming.....
      >
      > (10) Competitor research - regular online surveys, competitor reviews,
      > benchmarking (incl usability), monitoring services
      >
      > (11) Customer research - user panels, online brand monitoring, surveys,
      > pilot testing + feedback (e.g. new functionality), sector specific
      > research (e.g. digital video consumption habits)
      >
      > (12) Virtual teams - specific groups required to have consumer focus on
      > key areas of site (search, signup, churn, help, product pages, cinema
      > listings etc.)
      >
      > (13) Forms team - people who have the job of improving usability of
      > forms
      >
      > (14) Experimentation team - A/B testing, Analytics, MVT - the HiPPo
      > killers
      >
      > (15) Brand monitoring - A combination of PR activity, monitoring, blog
      > and forum reporting etc.
      >

      > And do you know what? - We are still nowhere near where we want to be.
      >

      > I'm still not happy with our signup process, our search, the
      > categorisation of products, our onsite help, the product pages and loads
      > more.... I'll probably never be happy but as the list above shows, we
      > are trying, very very trying <grin>
      >

      > C.
      >

      > <http://www.lovefilm.com/>
      >
      > Craig Sullivan
      >
      > Product Manager - Digital and Usability
      > LOVEFiLM.com <http://www.lovefilm.com/>
      >
      > No.9 | 6 Portal Way | London | W3 6RU
      > T: (020) 8896 8050 | M: (0)7711 657315 | F: 0208 896 8110
      > craig.sullivan@...

    • Vikram Aditya Kirpalani
      Message 36 of 36 , May 15 10:06 AM
        Hey hello, Sibel,
        Hope you are well,
        Thanks for taking out time and replying to my post, it was really helpful :)