Selecting Webanalytics for a website based on BEA

  • virginia_carcavallo
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 25, 2005
      Hello all,

      I have been working with WebTrends in many companys in Brazil for the
      last 7 years, and now I'm working in a project with Petrobras
      (www.petrobras.com.br),in a process of selecting a vendor for web
      analytics.

      The first problem is that the web site (Intranet and Internet) was
      built using BEA Solution (version 7), and we cannot use a log file
      based software as WebTrends etc. The website has a lot of portlets
      (most of the content) that are not registered into the log files when
      someone visit then.

      The BEA Solution has a DBase (Oracle) called Behaviour Tracking, but
      it doesn't generate reports, so we need an application to do it.

      Does anybody know some application that can help me?

      Thanks in advance
      Virginia Carcavallo
      vcll@...
    • Jason Palmer
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 25, 2005
        Virginia,
        WebTrends has used Javascript tagging in conjunction with BEA to do tracking
        for several customers. In fact BEA has been a WebTrends customer for
        several years. We will have someone contact you directly to walk through
        implementation options.

        Regards,

        Jason Palmer
        VP WebTrends Products
        --------------------------

        I have been working with WebTrends in many companys in Brazil for the
        last 7 years, and now I'm working in a project with Petrobras
        (www.petrobras.com.br),in a process of selecting a vendor for web
        analytics.

        The first problem is that the web site (Intranet and Internet) was
        built using BEA Solution (version 7), and we cannot use a log file
        based software as WebTrends etc. The website has a lot of portlets
        (most of the content) that are not registered into the log files when
        someone visit then.

        The BEA Solution has a DBase (Oracle) called Behaviour Tracking, but
        it doesn't generate reports, so we need an application to do it.

        Does anybody know some application that can help me?

        Thanks in advance
        Virginia Carcavallo
        vcll@...

        ---------------------------------------
        Web Metrics Discussion Group
        Moderated by Eric T. Peterson
        Author, Web Analytics Demystified
        http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        click here

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • John Marshall - ClickTracks
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 25, 2005
          Virginia,

          Are there any public URLs you could post to the group as examples of what
          the URL structure looks like. I made a cursory glance at a few pages and
          they look like simple pages with at worst some frames here and there. If the
          URLs in deeper places are really ugly then you might need something exotic,
          but otherwise just about anything will work and the fact it's BEA would make
          no difference.

          Some example URLs would help others in the group understand what can cause a
          problem for analysis, and what generally works fine. The earlier discussion
          of .NET was a great example of this.

          Of course only public URLs that we could access anyway.

          John Marshall
          CEO
          ClickTracks
        • virginia_carcavallo
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 25, 2005
            Hello Jason,

            I already made a contact with the sales representative in Brazil, and
            the answer was 'no'. I will love to hear that you can help us.
            My e-mail is vcll@..., fell free to contact me.

            Best regards,
            Virginia

            --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Jason Palmer <jason.palmer@w...>

            Service.
          • Jim Sterne
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 25, 2005
              At 04:22 PM 2/25/2005, virginia_carcavallo wrote:
              I already made a contact with the sales representative in Brazil, and
              the answer was 'no'. I will love to hear that you can help us.
              My e-mail is vcll@..., fell free to contact me.

              Bet there's a Brazilian WebTrends rep with a
              disturbing voice mail from the mother ship waiting
              for him on Monday. Ouch!

              Jim Sterne                                      www.targeting.com
              President, Web Analytics Association
              =====================================
              Emetrics Summit                              www.emetrics.org
              Santa Barbara, June 1 - 3       web analytics conference
              London, June 8-10                          +1-805-965-3184
              =====================================
            • Rodrigo Polacco [iG]
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 28, 2005

                Hi Virginia,

                I’m Rodrigo Polacco and I work in a Brazilian company with expertise to track campaigns, return on investment, affiliates programs and web analytics. I’d have sent you contact to my Comercial Director Marcio Garcez who will be contact you later.

                Best Regards,

                Rodrigo Polacco.

                Rodrigo Franco Polacco
                rodrigo@...

                tel: +55 (11) 3054-2522 / fax: +55 (11) 3054-2522
                ICQ: 56570182 / IM: polacco_75@...

                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 28, 2005
                  Hi there!

                  I have faced a similar problem as Virginia did. I
                  wonder if there is any tagging based web analytics
                  product that can do the job on Broadvision platform?

                  James Chen
                  Taipei, Taiwan

                  --- "Rodrigo Polacco [iG]" <ro.polacco@...>
                  的訊息:

                  <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129e2g0g2/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr

                  oups/S=1705005582:HM/EXP=1109458840/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
                  > etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

                  > :HM/A=2593423/rand=547863795>
                  >

                  > _____
                  >
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  > Service.

                  Yahoo!奇摩電子信箱
                  免費容量250MB,信件在多也不怕
                  http://tw.promo.yahoo.com/mail_new/index.html
                • virginia_carcavallo
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 28, 2005
                    Helo John,

                    The website isn't already online. But here is a sample of one portlet
                    pageid=conteudo&idConteudo=0900c3578001abec. The last parameter says
                    what kind of content is been visited by the visitor.

                    Not all URLs visited are registered in the webserver logfile. That's
                    why we need an application to read the Behaviour tracking database.

                    This document contain informations about the portal events and BT DB
                    (http://e-docs.bea.com/wlp/docs70/pdf/admin.pdf).

                    Best regards
                    Virginia

                    --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "John Marshall - ClickTracks"
                    <jmarshall@c...> wrote:
                    > Virginia,
                    >
                    > Are there any public URLs you could post to the group as examples
                    of what
                    > the URL structure looks like. I made a cursory glance at a few
                    pages and
                    > they look like simple pages with at worst some frames here and
                    there. If the
                    > URLs in deeper places are really ugly then you might need something
                    exotic,
                    > but otherwise just about anything will work and the fact it's BEA
                    would make
                    > no difference.
                    >
                    > Some example URLs would help others in the group understand what
                    can cause a
                    > problem for analysis, and what generally works fine. The earlier
                    discussion
                    > of .NET was a great example of this.
                    >
                    > Of course only public URLs that we could access anyway.
                    >

                    > John Marshall
                    > CEO
                    > ClickTracks
                  • virginia_carcavallo
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 28, 2005
                      Thank you very much Rodrigo.

                      We are scheduling a meeting.

                      Best regards
                      Virginia

                      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Rodrigo Polacco [iG]"
                      <ro.polacco@i...> wrote:
                      > Hi Virginia,
                      >

                      > I'm Rodrigo Polacco and I work in a Brazilian company with
                      expertise to
                      > track campaigns, return on investment, affiliates programs and web
                      > analytics. I'd have sent you contact to my Comercial Director
                      Marcio Garcez
                      > who will be contact you later.
                      >

                      > Best Regards,
                      >
                      > Rodrigo Polacco.
                      >

                      > Rodrigo Franco Polacco
                      > <mailto:rodrigo@p...> rodrigo@p...
                      >
                      > tel: +55 (11) 3054-2522 / fax: +55 (11) 3054-2522
                      > ICQ: 56570182 / IM: polacco_75@h...
                      >

                      > _____

                      subject=Unsubscribe>

                    • Matt Belkin
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 28, 2005
                        James, absolutely. I cannot speak for other tagging
                        solutions, but you can certainly use Omniture
                        SiteCatalyst to tag and measure Broadvision apps.
                        I've done this for several app types, including
                        eCommerce.

                        Ping me if you're interested.

                        Matt Belkin
                        Omniture

                      • jimmacintyreiv
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 3, 2005
                          Yes,

                          Visual Sciences can be used in tagging (client-side) only mode on
                          both Broadvision and BEA.

                          Best regards,

                          Jim MacIntyre
                          http://www.visualsciences.com

                          --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, James <jcc_tpe@y...> wrote:
                          > Hi there!
                          >
                          > I have faced a similar problem as Virginia did. I
                          > wonder if there is any tagging based web analytics
                          > product that can do the job on Broadvision platform?
                          >
                          > James Chen
                          > Taipei, Taiwan
                          >
                          > --- "Rodrigo Polacco [iG]" <ro.polacco@i...>
                          > ªº°T®§¡G
                          > > Hi Virginia,
                          > >

                          > > I'm Rodrigo Polacco and I work in a Brazilian
                          > > company with expertise to
                          > > track campaigns, return on investment, affiliates
                          > > programs and web
                          > > analytics. I'd have sent you contact to my Comercial
                          > > Director Marcio Garcez
                          > > who will be contact you later.
                          > >

                          > > Best Regards,
                          > >
                          > > Rodrigo Polacco.
                          > >

                          > > Rodrigo Franco Polacco
                          > > <mailto:rodrigo@p...>
                          > > rodrigo@p...
                          > >
                          > > tel: +55 (11) 3054-2522 / fax: +55 (11) 3054-2522
                          > > ICQ: 56570182 / IM: polacco_75@h...
                          > >

                          > > _____

                          subject=Unsubscribe>

                          _
                          > Yahoo!©_¼¯¹q¤l«H½c
                          > §K¶O®e¶q250MB¡A«H¥ó¦b¦h¤]¤£©È
                          > http://tw.promo.yahoo.com/mail_new/index.html
                        • Marcelo Teixeira
                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 3, 2005
                            Hi Virginia,

                            We use indextools. It is a great tool for webanalytics. I've worked and currently work with
                            webtrends but I find indextools easier to use.

                            Thanks
                            Marcelo Teixeira
                            www.metaclix.com

                            Visual Sciences can be used in tagging (client-side) only mode on
                            both Broadvision and BEA.

                            Best regards,

                            Jim MacIntyre
                            http://www.visualsciences.com

                            --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, James <jcc_tpe@y...> wrote:
                            > Hi there!
                            >
                            > I have faced a similar problem as Virginia did. I
                            > wonder if there is any tagging based web analytics
                            > product that can do the job on Broadvision platform?
                            >
                            > James Chen
                            > Taipei, Taiwan
                            >
                            > --- "Rodrigo Polacco [iG]" <ro.polacco@i...>
                            > *:0T.'!G
                            > > Hi Virginia,
                            > >

                            > > I'm Rodrigo Polacco and I work in a Brazilian
                            > > company with expertise to
                            > > track campaigns, return on investment, affiliates
                            > > programs and web
                            > > analytics. I'd have sent you contact to my Comercial
                            > > Director Marcio Garcez
                            > > who will be contact you later.
                            > >

                            > > Best Regards,
                            > >
                            > > Rodrigo Polacco.
                            > >

                            > > Rodrigo Franco Polacco
                            > > <mailto:rodrigo@p...>
                            > > rodrigo@p...
                            > >
                            > > tel: +55 (11) 3054-2522 / fax: +55 (11) 3054-2522
                            > > ICQ: 56570182 / IM: polacco_75@h...
                            > >

                            > > _____

                            subject=Unsubscribe>

                            _
                            > Yahoo!)_</9q$l+H=c
                            > 'K6O.e6q250MB!A+H%s&b&h$]$#)H
                            > http://tw.promo.yahoo.com/mail_new/index.html

                            ---------------------------------------
                            Web Metrics Discussion Group
                            Moderated by Eric T. Peterson
                            Author, Web Analytics Demystified
                            http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com

                            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                            Yahoo! Groups Links

                            To visit your group on the web, go to:

                          • John Marshall - ClickTracks
                            Message 13 of 13 , Mar 4, 2005
                              Virginia,

                              As I suspected there's nothing special about those URLs. Pretty much any
                              modern log analyzer can be configured to retain both parameters or mask one
                              or the other and use that as the final URL, giving reasonable data on the
                              distinct pages.

                              The problem you describe with some URLs not appearing in the logfile is
                              surprising. Can you give me an example of that? Usually the web server is
                              just serving up everything in the page so I can't see how this could happen,
                              unless you're wanting to measure something that doesn't appear in the
                              logfile because the browser never sends an HTTP request. Anchor links are a
                              good example of this.

                              John Marshall
                              CEO
                              ClickTracks