Now here's a job for someone who likes a challenge

  • Eric Peterson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2005
      Product Manager, Business Analysis and Planning for Microsoft
      Corporation's MSN Portal Project, a description that to me reads like
      "Web Data Analyst for MSN" ... what a job that would be, huh?

      The most interesting part of this posting:

      "1) State of the Business: Drive the business scorecard and set of
      metrics against which we measure the performance of each MSN
      properties, providing regular analysis on the pulse of our business.
      This will require a strong focus on understanding our traffic patterns
      and trends, achievement against goals, analysis of business impact,
      investigating causes for traffic performance deviations, and
      developing an understanding of the relationship between traffic,
      revenue, and business impact. "

      Clearly, somebody in Redmond "gets it" and this paragraph should be a
      requirement for any company trying to fill a position like this. I
      just saw Sam Decker speak at Etail and a big part of his preso was
      basically this ... understanding how the (web) metrics affect the
      business.

      If any of you fill this position let me know. I'll fly to Seattle and
      take you out to lunch to learn what it's like.
      --
      Eric T. Peterson
      Author, Web Analytics Demystified

      Have you joined the Metrics Discussion Group? Email
      webanalytics-subscribe@yahoogroups.com to join today!