Conversion Funnel Graphics

  • Kahlain Mohamed
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2007
      Hi Folks !

      I'm searching for a software or a tool to create a conversion funnel
      graphic based on our online and off line data.

      To create our dynamic dashboards we use Crystal xcelsius <
      http://www.xcelsius.com/ >, but unfortunately they do not offer a
      conversion funnel graphic.

      So any suggestions?

      Thanks.
    • Andy Edmonds
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2007
        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Kahlain Mohamed"
        <momo_calin@...> wrote:

        > Hi Folks !
        >
        > I'm searching for a software or a tool to create a conversion funnel
        > graphic based on our online and off line data.
        >
        > To create our dynamic dashboards we use Crystal xcelsius <
        > http://www.xcelsius.com/ >, but unfortunately they do not offer a
        > conversion funnel graphic.
        >
        > So any suggestions?
        >
        > Thanks.

        I've hacked together a web based DHTML renderer...
        http://surfmind.com/lab/funnel. There's a visual glitch in some
        browsers I'd love tip on.

        Cheers,
        Andy

        PS - a previous post to the webanalytics community provided a dataset
        for Edmonds A, White R, Morris D, Drucker S. Instrumenting the Dynamic
        Web. Journal of Web Engineering (JWE), Vol. 6, No. 3 (2007), 243-260.
        http://techhouse.brown.edu/~dmorris/publications/EdmondsJWE2007.pdf
      • rohan kapoor
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 7, 2007
          Hi Kahlain,

          I too had some trouble in finding some tools that could help me create a Conversion Funnel but eventually had to revert to the conventional MS excel. I have shared how I created the funnel replica for a presentation in my recent blog post at http://rkapoor.blogspot.com/2007/10/creating-conversion-funnel-from.html . It is very simple and can be useful for Presenations.

          Regards,

          Rohan Kapoor
          Business Analyst
          http://rkapoor.blogspot.com

          Kahlain Mohamed <momo_calin@...> wrote:
          Hi Folks !

          I'm searching for a software or a tool to create a conversion funnel
          graphic based on our online and off line data.

          To create our dynamic dashboards we use Crystal xcelsius <
          http://www.xcelsius.com/ >, but unfortunately they do not offer a
          conversion funnel graphic.

          So any suggestions?

          Thanks.

        • Tim Wilson
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 8, 2007
            Another Excel-based option (Excel 2003):
            http://www.esnips.com/doc/933608a2-852d-47d7-835e-7207be9c8034/Sales-Fun
            nel-by-Tim-Wilson

            This did not have any pure WA data, but does combine data from a web
            site registration system with data from Salesforce.com.

            I'm happy to provide the file to you if it is the sort of thing that
            would be of use.

            Regards,

            Tim Wilson
            Director of Business Process Analytics
            Bulldog Solutions ~ Lead Generation Unleashed

            twilson@... <mailto:twilson@...>
            512.538.0371 phone
            512.652.2558 fax

            Bulldog Solutions named to Inc. 500 for 2007
            <http://www.bulldogsolutions.com/inc500.php> . Bulldog is one of the
            fastest-growing private companies in the United States.

            ________________________________

            http://rkapoor.blogspot.com <http://rkapoor.blogspot.com>

            Kahlain Mohamed <momo_calin@... <mailto:momo_calin%40yahoo.ca> >

            http://www.xcelsius.com/ <http://www.xcelsius.com/> >, but
            unfortunately they do not offer a
            conversion funnel graphic.

            So any suggestions?

            Thanks.

          • sco123zak
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 8, 2007
              I recently came across a similar issue. I needed to create a conversion
              funnel to add to my weekly web KPI dashboard in excel, unfortunately
              there were no good references available online.

              Instead I wrote a VB function that can resize shapes (trapezoids) based
              on actual data in another tab. You can see the results here:

              http://www.flickr.com/photos/17067064@N00/
              <http://www.flickr.com/photos/17067064@N00/>

              The code for the function is below:

              Function ModifyShape(ShapeNumber, ShapeType, ShapeColorR, ShapeColorG,
              ShapeColorB, ShapeWidth, ShapeBott, ShapeHeight, ShapeLeft, ShapeTop)

              With ActiveSheet.Shapes(ShapeNumber)
              .AutoShapeType = ShapeType
              .Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(ShapeColorR, ShapeColorG, ShapeColorB)
              .Width = ShapeWidth
              .Adjustments.Item(1) = ShapeBott
              .Height = ShapeHeight
              .Left = ShapeLeft
              .Top = ShapeTop

              End With

              End Function

              You can now use the function in any cell and change the variables as
              needed. I created 10 shapes (5 per funnel) and resized each with a
              separate function. It took a bit of time to build, but is a breeze to
              update each week. If anyone has any questions regarding further
              implementation send an email to szakrajsek at vscat.com

              Scott Zakrajsek
              Web Analyst
              Victorias Secret Direct