Web Analytics and CRM (renamed from Sagemetrics thread)

  • Matt Belkin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2004
      Ok, before I get branded a CoreMetrics nemesis...I'm not saying their
      offering is useless. Clearly customers find value in the platform or they
      wouldn't continue to use it. However, as with all technology investments,
      buyer beware. I think it's critical that folks out there understand the
      implications of certain platforms - especially as they relate to the overall
      customer experience. At the end of the day, business need to assess their
      requirements and select the best vendor that meets those needs.
      Unfortunately, companies rarely do this; instead selecting a vendor based on
      bells and whistles rather than KPIs and customer experience strategy.

      Eric, it's so unfair of you to mention the sensitivity solution and then not
      give us details...mean, mean, mean. But if it keeps you out of jail, I
      understand. I did want to point out that in previous experience, I have
      linked anonymous Web Analytics users to actual customer data via CRM/ERP/SFA
      tools and back-end data warehouses. Technically, it was actually quite easy
      and involved tying cookie authentication tables to customer tables. Anyway,
      with that said, I'd be curious if this solution you mention is a
      "technology" one that facilitates this linkage between Web Analytics and CRM
      (what I just described as technically fairly easy); or a "privacy" one that
      actually allows businesses to facilitate the opt-in process and get
      permission from customers.