RE: [webanalytics] tracking across subdomains

  • Cortney Sellers
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
      Here you go!

      http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?answer=55525

      From: webanalytics@yahoogroups.com [mailto:webanalytics@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of bobbymx52001
      Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2007 4:45 PM
      To: webanalytics@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [webanalytics] tracking across subdomains

      I have a client using google analytics on a single website that is
      split across several subdomains, this is making it impossible to view
      true clickstream data and all other analytic data. Does anyone have
      any advice on how to compensate for the different subdomains? other
      than eliminate them which wont happen until the new site launch in 2008?

    • marianina3
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
        Hi Bobby
        You'll need to add an advanced filter to your google analytics
        profile, I have also written out how to do it, to enable you to see
        the whole uri in your google analytics reports - otherwise if you have
        product.company.com/home and shop.company.com/home they would be
        lumped together.
        http://marianina.com/blog/2007/07/28/google-analytics-tip-1-naming-
        your-webpages/

        You will also need to add a filter to track your pages on different
        domains as well:
        http://marianina.com/blog/2007/08/28/google-analytics-tip-2-tracking-
        visitors-on-different-domains-or-subdomains/

        These two posts are both specifically on how to sort your domain
        problem out.
        Marianina :)
        Web Analytics Princess

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "bobbymx52001" <bobbymx52001@...>