tracking across subdomains

  • bobbymx52001
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2007
      I have a client using google analytics on a single website that is
      split across several subdomains, this is making it impossible to view
      true clickstream data and all other analytic data. Does anyone have
      any advice on how to compensate for the different subdomains? other
      than eliminate them which wont happen until the new site launch in 2008?
    • Cortney Sellers
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
        Here you go!

        http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?answer=55525

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
          Hi Bobby
          You'll need to add an advanced filter to your google analytics
          profile, I have also written out how to do it, to enable you to see
          the whole uri in your google analytics reports - otherwise if you have
          product.company.com/home and shop.company.com/home they would be
          lumped together.
          http://marianina.com/blog/2007/07/28/google-analytics-tip-1-naming-
          your-webpages/

          You will also need to add a filter to track your pages on different
          domains as well:
          http://marianina.com/blog/2007/08/28/google-analytics-tip-2-tracking-
          visitors-on-different-domains-or-subdomains/

          These two posts are both specifically on how to sort your domain
          problem out.
          Marianina :)
          Web Analytics Princess

          --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "bobbymx52001" <bobbymx52001@...>