[JOB] Job Opening - SEM Analyst

  • btansug
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2007
      Wilson RMS is a fast-growing, highly-successful integrated marketing
      services agency headquartered in New York City with a select list of
      Fortune 500 clients. We are currently seeking a Search Engine
      Marketing Analyst to join our team. The ideal candidate is looking
      for an energetic, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and wants to
      be recognized and rewarded for their efforts as the agency continues
      its record of growth.
      The SEM Analyst is responsible for the planning, implementing,
      maintaining, and analyzing the agency's paid search marketing campaigns.
      The SEM Analyst's specific responsibilities will include, but are not
      limited to the following:
      Overall Role
      • The Search Analyst reports to the Media Director and is responsible
      for all agency search marketing efforts including aiding in strategy
      development, campaign implementation, results analysis / reporting and
      optimization.

      Responsibilities and Duties
      Assists in Search Strategy and Planning Phase
      - Assist in developing test plans for new clients including
      o Recommended search engine strategies
      o Keywords
      o Ad groups
      o Ad text copy
      o Landing page strategy

      - Gather competitive data for current and new clients: keywords, ad
      texts and landing pages
      - Research competitors and stay abreast of industry trends and best
      practices
      - Maintain an understanding of client objectives and strategies by
      campaign
      - Identify new search trends for test plans and/or point-of-views
      (search engines and/or technologies) in accordance with objectives
      - Contribute to brainstorming meetings for plan kick-off
      - Develop charts for plan presentation as necessary
      - Provide team with search engine marketing insight such as budget
      estimates, search engine restrictions/limitations, new search
      technologies, etc.

      Campaign Implementation and Monitoring
      - Activate campaigns with search engines in accordance with plan
      objectives and measurement plan
      - Manage day-to-day relationship with multiple paid search engine partners
      - Monitor daily budgets by client and search engine within goal by
      analyzing keyword costs for maximizing return on investment (ROI)
      - Recommend / maintain a point-of-view on maximizing search engine
      dollars for each client
      Optimize keyword bidding, ad copy and landing pages
      - Employ search marketing techniques such as contextual ads,
      geo-targeting, and day-parting
      - Provide input to overall campaign schedule
      o Maintains record of due dates for each account (optimization dates,
      authorization dates, etc.)
      - Generate media authorization forms for client approval based on plan
      information
      - Confirm with new search engines if they require a credit application
      from Wilson RMS
      - Confirm tags are working properly for results analysis phase
      - Monitor search activity for any click fraud
      - Maintain media team information: current plans, results analyses,
      search engine contacts/passwords, etc.
      - Assist financial coordinator in reconciling billing by maintaining
      record of current plans and optimizations, make-goods. Obtain
      outstanding invoices and send to accounts payable if necessary.
      Responsible for reconciling any media discrepancies

      Results Analysis
      - Gather and accurately compiles weekly tracking/results reports from
      client server, Omniture or other 3rd party ad server
      - Trouble-shoot any potential problems
      - Draw conclusions for internal discussion
      - Prepare optimization recommendation for internal and client reviews
      - Present optimizations to client for approval
      - Understand and begins to develop/apply data to client's plans

      Proficient in Search / Technical Knowledge
      - Utilizes search research systems to develop plans with rationale
      - WordTracker
      - Proprietary search engine systems
      - Omniture Search Center
      - Offermatica
      - Other systems deemed necessary (with access)
    • madhu
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2007
        Hi btansug,

        I have been into SEO/web analytics industry from past 8 years and
        been working as a Project Manager - Analytics with one of the
        companies in India.

        Please let me know if you sponsor work permit for the same.

        Regrds,
        Madhu