Re: Omniture responsiveness

  • Paul Holstein
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2007
      Joe,

      Since I don't have any hard facts, I'll give you my opinion only.

      In my opinion, Omniture has grown too fast and is struggling to hire
      and train enough people to support their product.

      We have been using the product for about a year now and are relatively
      pleased with its capabilities. However, I feel strongly that they
      could improve their support.

      But in fairness to Omniture, I hope you look at the competitors
      customer service as well before signing up.

      --Paul

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "joebull714" <joecbrown@...> wrote:

      > The company I work for is currently in discussions with Omniture.
      > However Omniture is responsiveness to questions etc...has been sub
      > par. I am a bit worried that this is the type of support is what we
      > can expect from them. I would really appreciate it if a few people
      > could share their experiences with me both good and bad. I am worried
      > that they may have grown a little to fast for there own good. Please
      > feel free to drop me a line at joecbrown(at)gmail(dot)com.

    • Bassam Salem
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2007
        Joe,

        Thanks for your note. At Omniture, we pride ourselves on the fastest
        turnaround times possible, and our professional LiveSupport team is
        available 24x5 for any questions or problems you might have.

        You will have access to this organization once you are a customer and I
        am certain you will agree with their exemplary responsiveness, know-how,
        and level of professionalism. Should you have any further questions on
        our organization, please don't hesitate to contact me personally
        (contact info below) and I would be more than happy to have our head of
        LiveSupport discuss with you the details of our services.

        Thanks, again.

        Sincerely,

        Bassam

        Bassam T. Salem
        Director, Worldwide Client Services Operations
        bsalem@... <mailto:bsalem@...>
        801.722.7000 x 331 tel
        435.602.0712 cel
        801.880.0384 fax

        550 East Timpanogos Circle
        Orem, UT 84097
        www.omniture.com <http://www.omniture.com>

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2007
          Just chiming in with my 2 cents here

          I've been using Omniture Site Catalyst since early 2005. The tool itself is great and I have no qualms about recommending it.

          However their LiveSupport leaves a lot to be desired. They are extremely slow to respond in every case I've ever opened. I've always had to go back to our account executive or sales manager and have them expedite issues before I get a response.

          I get the feeling they are more responsive to their larger accounts (early on all I ever heard from our then account exec was "sorry, too busy helping Wal-mart ... I'll get back to you tomorrow" - this was before their LiveSupport went online and you went directly through your account exec for issues).

          Anyway just sharing my experience.

          Gabi

          "The cosmos is all that is or ever was or ever will be. Our feeblest contemplations of the cosmos stir us ... [and] we know we are approaching the greatest of mysteries" - Carl Sagan

        • Scribner, Craig (Web Analytics and Testi
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 3, 2007
            I was very reluctant to be use live support at first because I felt it
            was another level of bureaucracy separating me from the people who could
            really answer my questions-and admittedly for the first couple of months
            I felt like my fears were being confirmed. But over the last several
            months, I have been pleasantly surprised by this group's expertise and
            efficacy in resolving my issues. I even had an experience where my
            contacts on the inside (really smart ones) were baffled by a problem I
            was having, and for fun I gave it to Live Support and they nailed it.

            PS. I wish the Omniture message boards were more active-I think that
            sharing our frustrations and workarounds in that space would be good for
            us and Omniture's product roadmap.

            ________________________________

            <mailto:webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com> , "joebull714" <joecbrown@...>
            wrote:

            > The company I work for is currently in discussions with Omniture.
            > However Omniture is responsiveness to questions etc...has been sub
            > par. I am a bit worried that this is the type of support is what we
            > can expect from them. I would really appreciate it if a few people
            > could share their experiences with me both good and bad. I am worried
            > that they may have grown a little to fast for there own good. Please
            > feel free to drop me a line at joecbrown(at)gmail(dot)com.

          • webber analytics
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 4, 2007
              I have the exact experiance as ecuman79, I feel that sometimes I'm having to
              explain more to them that they should be to me.