Re: Calculating bounce rates (reject rates) using Omniture SiteCatalyst

  • plszydlik
    Message 1 of 8 , May 4, 2007
      Hey Paul-

      In the Content Categories you can pull in the metric "Bounce Rate"
      definition below:

      Bounce Rate %
      The percentage of visitors who viewed only one page during the
      session and it was the specified page or a page within the specified
      content category. A high percentage shows visitors are "bouncing"
      off their arrival page without visiting another page on your site.

      Does that help you?
      Lori

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Smith" <pgsmith2000@...>
      wrote:

      > Here is a question for any experienced Omniture SiteCatalyst users
      out
      > there. I have recently done a baseline implementation on my site.
      I am
      > trying to create a report showing bounce or reject rates for
      > individual pages using the following formula:
      >
      > reject rate = [single access]/[entries]
      >
      > Problem appears to be that single access and entries are metrics in
      > the Path section, and is not in the commerce or traffic section
      where
      > it is possible to calculate metrics. I cannot find this metric or
      it's
      > component metrics anywhere. I downloaded the whitepaper from
      Omniture
      > which discusses how to calculate metrics. It even includes a list
      of
      > commonly created metrics, and this one is in the list. I just can't
      > get it done.
      >
      > Any advice, Paul

    • ecuman79
      Message 2 of 8 , May 6, 2007
        Paul,
        Build this calculated metric when in the Most Popular Pgs report under the Traffic section
        of reports. It is somewhat report specific therefore you won't always have the option to
        select Single Access to build your calculated metric when in Pathing etc.

        Hope this helps

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "plszydlik" <lszydlik@...> wrote:

        > Hey Paul-
        >
        > In the Content Categories you can pull in the metric "Bounce Rate"
        > definition below:
        >
        > Bounce Rate %
        > The percentage of visitors who viewed only one page during the
        > session and it was the specified page or a page within the specified
        > content category. A high percentage shows visitors are "bouncing"
        > off their arrival page without visiting another page on your site.
        >

        > Does that help you?
        > Lori
        >

        > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Smith" <pgsmith2000@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Here is a question for any experienced Omniture SiteCatalyst users
        > out
        > > there. I have recently done a baseline implementation on my site.
        > I am
        > > trying to create a report showing bounce or reject rates for
        > > individual pages using the following formula:
        > >
        > > reject rate = [single access]/[entries]
        > >
        > > Problem appears to be that single access and entries are metrics in
        > > the Path section, and is not in the commerce or traffic section
        > where
        > > it is possible to calculate metrics. I cannot find this metric or
        > it's
        > > component metrics anywhere. I downloaded the whitepaper from
        > Omniture
        > > which discusses how to calculate metrics. It even includes a list
        > of
        > > commonly created metrics, and this one is in the list. I just can't
        > > get it done.
        > >
        > > Any advice, Paul

      • Paul Smith
        Message 3 of 8 , May 8, 2007
          Thanks Ravi,

          This is what I was looking for. I spent so much time looking at the
          calculated metrics under traffic and ecommerce, I did not realize that
          more variables were available with actual reports.

          Paul

          --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Ravi Pathak" <ravipathak1@...>