Measuring content (or page) effectiveness

  • benrydesign
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2007
      Recently I began work on a small analytics project with Robbin Steif
      at LunaMetrics. I wanted to establish an a KPI measurement of our
      site content effectiveness. The plan was to develop a scorecard that
      could be leveraged on a regular basis by our communications staff
      (the content writers) to help them determine what pages and content
      needed to be fixed. I wanted to be able to use this scorecard to set
      priorities without having to do a ton of additional analysis
      (something like a number that yelled `fix me' at a glance) and wanted
      to be able to monitor pages over time to see if the changes being
      made were in fact resolving problems.

      I'm still learning about web analytics (aren't we all) and have put
      together a post on my blog (
      http://www.benry.net/blog/2007/04/29/measuring-content-
      effectiveness/ ) talking about the project and would welcome feedback
      on the outcome we've proposed as well as suggestions from the list on
      how you measure the effectiveness of your content/pages and take
      action.

      Thanks,

      Scott Baldwin