Web analytics resources for non-profits?

  • Alex Cohen
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2007
      Dear Web Analytics Group,

      I was at a panel about non-profit online health information last night.
      Much of the discussion was around the need for readers to be able to
      distinguish credible content. So I asked the speakers how they used the
      traditional tools of interactive marketing (web analytics, SEO, SEM,
      etc.) to achieve their mission. The answer was "not much at all".

      I volunteered to help but I'd like the group to tell me this:

      - Where do you think worthy, non-profit organizations can go to
      get web analytics help?

      - What are the best resources to aid non-technical people who
      are really strapped for time, resources and cash to achieve improve
      their site to achieve their socially focused causes?

      - How does pro-bono work fit into the web analytics community?

      -Alex

      PS: One smaller attendee at the panel did mention that he used top
      keywords/phrases reports to tailor the offerings of his site to the
      needs of his audience. Top pages/content was another popular answer.

      Alex Cohen

      Strategic Analyst

      4060 Butler Pike

      Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462

      p. (484) 362-1321

      f. (610) 825-5787

      Commerce360 Inc.

      www.commerce360.com <http://www.commerce360.com>

      Subscribe and read our Blog

      http://feeds.feedburner.com/Commerce360
      <http://feeds.feedburner.com/Commerce360>

    • Jim Sterne
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2007

        Alex Langshur <alangshur@...>
        http://www.publicinsite.com/

        http://www.wilsonweb.com

        >- How does pro-bono work fit into the web analytics community?

        Not well - yet.
        This is still such a young industry, we're all trying
        to figure out where the income is. If you'd like to
        help out some non-profits, you're going to find
        many, many people looking for help! That would
        put you up at the top in the Karma wheel.

        Emetrics Summit, The Big Picture
        http://www.emetrics.org
        Optimizing Online Marketing Value
        San Francisco, May 7-9