What are the KPIs for a B2B site

  • Efe Aras
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2007
      Hi,

      We are on a Web Analytics project with an oem distrubutor who has a B2B
      site which is being visited by 5000 resellers daily.

      I could not find any articles on what are the KPIs we should be monitoring
      on such a B2B site.

      Any articles or ideas will be appreciated.

      Thank You

      --
      Efe Aras
      http://www.portakalofis.com

    • Marcos Richardson
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2007
        Hi Efe

        Some top line tips here…
        http://manojjasra.blogspot.com/2006/10/b2b-with-marcos-richardson-and-jim.html

        If you would like a more in-depth B2B KPI report set please contact me off
        list

        Marcos Richardson
        Director
        WebtraffIQ

        > Hi,
        >
        > We are on a Web Analytics project with an oem distrubutor who has a B2B
        > site which is being visited by 5000 resellers daily.
        >
        > I could not find any articles on what are the KPIs we should be monitoring
        > on such a B2B site.
        >
        > Any articles or ideas will be appreciated.
        >
        > Thank You
        >

        > --
        > Efe Aras
        > http://www.portakalofis.com
        > +90 212 356 74 20

      • Adam Berlinger
        Message 3 of 6 , May 4, 2007
          What do you want the visitors to do once they are on the site? How are you planning to segment these visitors? What actions/success events can your visitors trigger? Most of all...what's the business purpose behind this B2B site? Once you start answering these kinds of questions, the KPI's will start to emerge. Lastly, why would you rely on someone else's opinion of what your KPI's should be?

          Message 4 of 6 , May 4, 2007
            check out Omniture site.

            On 5/4/07, Adam Berlinger <aberlinger1@...> wrote:

            > What do you want the visitors to do once they are on the site? How are
            > you planning to segment these visitors? What actions/success events can your
            > visitors trigger? Most of all...what's the business purpose behind this B2B
            > site? Once you start answering these kinds of questions, the KPI's will
            > start to emerge. Lastly, why would you rely on someone else's opinion of
            > what your KPI's should be?

            Cheers!!
            Apurba Sen
            Product Development
            रेडीफ़.कॉम इंडिया लिमिटेड
            NASDAQ:REDF
            web:www.rediff.com
            http://apurba.rediffiland.com
            Phone :91-22 2444 9144 * 313
            GSM :91-98670- 85718

            "Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they
            have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision."

            --Muhammad Ali

          • Bill Bruno
            Message 5 of 6 , May 6, 2007
              The way KPIs should be approached is the same, regardless of the type of business you are in (B to B, B to C, etc.). Essentially, every site is created with a purpose, and there are things you would like a visitor to do when he or she is on your site. As you break this down, and dig into the true reason for the site, you should be able to develop questions about things you’d like to know more about. From there, the KPIs should begin to develop from that list. I’d also take a look at Eric’s Big Book of KPIs as well, that should get you thinking.

              -Bill

              ___

              Bill Bruno
              Project Manager
              Stratigent, LLC

              Phone: 630.393.9583

              Cell: 773.203.6596
              Fax: 630.393.9579
              Email: bill@...

              Copyright Stratigent, LLC 2006, all rights reserved. This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipients, and contain confidential and proprietary information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution of this email message or its attachments is prohibited.

              _____

              > What do you want the visitors to do once they are on the site? How are
              > you planning to segment these visitors? What actions/success events can your
              > visitors trigger? Most of all...what's the business purpose behind this B2B
              > site? Once you start answering these kinds of questions, the KPI's will
              > start to emerge. Lastly, why would you rely on someone else's opinion of
              > what your KPI's should be?

              Cheers!!
              Apurba Sen
              Product Development