Touch Clarity & Offermatica?

  • Marie
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1 1:26 PM
      Hello,

      In a recent press release, Omniture announced their purchase of Touch Clarity. I'm not familiar with their services - does anyone on this forum have any experience with them? How is Touch Clarity's service offering different or similar to Offermatica? Are they comparable? Are there any other big players you can recommend in the same field?

      Thanks for your input.

      Cheers,
      Marie

      Message 2 of 9 , May 2 8:12 AM
        Revenue Science also offer a similar service

        On 5/1/07, Marie <virt2go@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > In a recent press release, Omniture announced their purchase of Touch
        > Clarity. I'm not familiar with their services - does anyone on this forum
        > have any experience with them? How is Touch Clarity's service offering
        > different or similar to Offermatica? Are they comparable? Are there any
        > other big players you can recommend in the same field?
        >
        > Thanks for your input.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Marie

      • Jim Sterne
        Message 3 of 9 , May 2 8:13 AM
          At 01:26 PM 5/1/2007, Marie wrote:
          >In a recent press release, Omniture announced their purchase of
          >Touch Clarity. I'm not familiar with their services - does anyone on
          >this forum have any experience with them? How is Touch Clarity's
          >service offering different or similar to Offermatica? Are they
          >comparable? Are there any other big players you can recommend in the
          >same field?

          The 75,000 foot perspective (twice as high as
          the airliners fly) suggests that Offermatica is
          designed for testing the results of a specific page.
          The variables are headlines, graphics, blocks of
          body copy, call to action, etc.

          Touch Clarity is intended to test variable journeys
          through a variety of website content - i.e., multiple
          pages / alternative surfing scenarios.

          OK - now it's time to hear from Brent Hieggelke
          and Matthew Roche who will correct me....

          Oh - and one last plug - both companies will be in
          San Francisco next week at the Emetrics Summit.
          http://www.emetrics.org/2007/sanfrancisco/

          Emetrics Summit, The Big Picture
          http://www.emetrics.org
          Optimizing Online Marketing Value
          San Francisco, May 7-9
          Washington D.C., Oct 14-17
        • markogne
          Message 4 of 9 , May 2 12:32 PM
            First, the disclaimer... I'm the VP of Marketing for Acxiom Digital
            and previously the same for Kefta. The short story is that Kefta
            pioneered visitor-centric targeting and testing some seven years ago
            and Acxiom acquired Kefta in March.

            I love to hear investigative questions like yours, Marie. This is an
            exciting and new industry and there's a lot of information to digest
            about the subject. Kudo's to you, the fact that you're asking these
            questions makes me believe that you're an aggressive leader in
            driving results for your online operations.

            The two companies you mention have very different approaches and
            their applications fit very different needs. Before placing these two
            approaches toe-to-toe, I would recommend that you first ask yourself
            some questions, below. And, yes… I wouldn't mind your taking a look
            at Kefta as a potential partner:-)

            The first question I would recommend you ponder is about your
            business… what is it that you're trying to solve and are there any
            attributes of your business or industry that you need to keep in
            mind? From a high level, a testing toole may be appropriate if
            you're trying to solve for foundational issues like placement of a
            call to action button, but a targeting solution may be more
            appropriate if your operations are rather savvy and you are now
            trying to carry sustained increases in conversion for the long run.

            The second question I would recommend you ponder is about your site
            visitors and marketing campaigns… what portion of your site visitors
            are new versus returning, what differences might exist in the needs
            of those visitors, and what is it that you want a visitor to do?
            Again, from a high level, a testing tool may be appropriate if your
            visitors are largely new visitors with similar needs and your goal
            for them is the same regardless of who they are. Contrasting this, a
            targeting solution become much more valuable when visitor needs and
            your objectives for them differ.

            Kefta exists on the targeting side of these questions. Having said
            that, our approach is very different. The solution is called Dynamic
            Targeting and the primary drivers are:
            - Individual visitor profiles… targeting is about unique people and
            their needs and goals.
            - Delivery of relevant messages across all key online channels… your
            site visitors view you as being the same business whether you engage
            them on the site, in an email, or another asset like search or banner
            ads. Dynamic Targeting allows you to keep the message consistent and
            integrated across each of these channels. This delivers both results
            and branding consistency.
            - Flexibility in methodology… whether you have marketing insights
            that you need to use, or you want sophisticated algorithms to direct
            your campaign, Dynamic Targeting supports either direction or a
            combination of the two.
            - Flexibility in customer touch-points… whether you need to deliver
            multiple assets on a page, multiple pages in a path, or messages
            across channels, Kefta has the tools and best practices to help you.
            - Targeting from first click through repeat purchase… Kefta has
            developed technology and best practice that allows clients to start
            targeting explicit and implied visitor needs from the very first
            click.

            Again, Kudos' and thank you for asking such a good question.

            Mark

            www.kefta.com

            --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Marie <virt2go@...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > In a recent press release, Omniture announced their purchase of
            Touch Clarity. I'm not familiar with their services - does anyone on
            this forum have any experience with them? How is Touch Clarity's
            service offering different or similar to Offermatica? Are they
            comparable? Are there any other big players you can recommend in the
            same field?

            > Thanks for your input.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Marie

          • Anil Batra (ZAAZ)
            Message 5 of 9 , May 2 1:54 PM
              Offermatica and Touch Clarity offer on-site Behavioral Targeting and
              optimization services that you can use to target ads, content, products etc.
              While Revenue Science is Behavioral Targeting network and they also offer
              on-site behavioral ad targeting to publishers.

              On 5/2/07, Shorful Islam <shorful@...> wrote:

              > Revenue Science also offer a similar service
              >
              > On 5/1/07, Marie <virt2go@... <virt2go%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hello,
              > >
              > > In a recent press release, Omniture announced their purchase of Touch
              > > Clarity. I'm not familiar with their services - does anyone on this
              > forum
              > > have any experience with them? How is Touch Clarity's service offering
              > > different or similar to Offermatica? Are they comparable? Are there any
              > > other big players you can recommend in the same field?
              > >
              > > Thanks for your input.
              > >
              > > Cheers,
              > > Marie

              Anil Batra
              http://webanalysis.blogspot.com
              Web Analytics, Behavioral Targeting and Online Advertising Blog

            • matt.jacobs
              Message 6 of 9 , May 3 7:32 AM
                I can't speak for Matt or Brent here, but I can say that utilizing
                an MVT across multiple "pages" (however one chooses to define the
                pathway, whether it starts with the advertising or on the site
                itself) has a multiplicative effect. Relegating MVT to a single page
                provides a lot of value but arguably not as much as it can when it's
                set up across much more than a single page. Those MVT folks might
                define this as a content journey, too...

                Jim, just to clarify your point here a bit, are you stating that
                entities like TouchClarity would be more high-level (say, optimize
                for a given customer segment) and that more granular elements within
                that segment are best tested with a MVT?

                I'd be surprised if folks at Offermatica, Optimost, et al said their
                tools weren't designed to specifically test variable journeys, and
                I'd be a bit surprised if companies like TouchClarity said they
                weren't designed to be fairly granular too.

                Very curious to hear how the experts from each of those companies
                weigh in here... (I'm too curious to wait 'till I see everyone at
                eMetrics!).

                MJ

                --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Jim Sterne <jsterne@...> wrote:

                > At 01:26 PM 5/1/2007, Marie wrote:
                > >In a recent press release, Omniture announced their purchase of
                > >Touch Clarity. I'm not familiar with their services - does anyone
                on
                > >this forum have any experience with them? How is Touch Clarity's
                > >service offering different or similar to Offermatica? Are they
                > >comparable? Are there any other big players you can recommend in
                the
                > >same field?
                >
                > The 75,000 foot perspective (twice as high as
                > the airliners fly) suggests that Offermatica is
                > designed for testing the results of a specific page.
                > The variables are headlines, graphics, blocks of
                > body copy, call to action, etc.
                >
                > Touch Clarity is intended to test variable journeys
                > through a variety of website content - i.e., multiple
                > pages / alternative surfing scenarios.
                >
                > OK - now it's time to hear from Brent Hieggelke
                > and Matthew Roche who will correct me....
                >
                > Oh - and one last plug - both companies will be in
                > San Francisco next week at the Emetrics Summit.
                > http://www.emetrics.org/2007/sanfrancisco/

                > Emetrics Summit, The Big Picture
                > http://www.emetrics.org
                > Optimizing Online Marketing Value
                > San Francisco, May 7-9
                > Washington D.C., Oct 14-17

              • Paul Holstein
                Message 7 of 9 , May 3 2:20 PM
                  I haven't heard anyone mention them but you should also look at
                  sitebrand http://sitebrand.com for behavioral targeting. We've had
                  some glitches implementing their solution, but we are hopeful that it
                  will work for us.

                  --Paul

                  --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "markogne" <mark@...> wrote:

> [...]
                  > - Targeting from first click through repeat purchase… Kefta has
                  > developed technology and best practice that allows clients to start
                  > targeting explicit and implied visitor needs from the very first
                  > click.
                  >
                  > Again, Kudos' and thank you for asking such a good question.
                  >
                  > Mark
                  >

                  > www.kefta.com
                  >

                  > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Marie <virt2go@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hello,
                  > >
                  > > In a recent press release, Omniture announced their purchase of
                  > Touch Clarity. I'm not familiar with their services - does anyone
                  on
                  > this forum have any experience with them? How is Touch Clarity's
                  > service offering different or similar to Offermatica? Are they
                  > comparable? Are there any other big players you can recommend in

                • Brent Hieggelke
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 3 8:57 PM
                    I have been watching this thread to see what the other folks here had to
                    say before chiming in, thanks for the explicit invite Jim. The way I
                    explain multivariate testing and landing page optimization vendors
                    (Offermatica and Optimost) is that they help primarily with site
                    structural questions....think of the optimal layout of a grocery
                    store...where should the milk go, where should the deli be located, etc.
                    You answer that question and then move on to solve another structural
                    question. Or they answer tactical questions such as should this button
                    be red, blue, yellow or green? Should it go upper right or lower left
                    on the page to get more clicks? Or which combination of these elements
                    works best?

                    This is completely different from optimizing the customer-centric, 1 to
                    1 marketing opportunity presented when each inbound visitor chooses to
                    visit to your web site. Most web sites today are ignorant---they ignore
                    customer feedback, and treat all customers the same, by and large. This
                    would not be acceptable through other channels and in the future, won't
                    be acceptable through the Web either. Touch Clarity was strategically
                    architected to enable your web site to listen, and respond to each
                    customer intelligently, based on their individually expressed wants and
                    needs, with the most relevant and engaging content served up, from a
                    range currently available content and offers. It's fully automated, and
                    continuously self-learning in doing so. The technology considers each
                    individual visitor's profile comprised of hundreds of variables
                    collected just like your web analytics solution collects data, with each
                    variable containing a small amount of predictive power, it decides what
                    content set is best to serve this visitor on this specific page and then
                    triggers the serving of the targeted content from your own CMS. And
                    the really incredible part that hooked me on joining the company just
                    over a year ago: it targets versus a concurrent control group, so it can
                    produce real-time uplift reports, which are in the range of 20-200% for
                    typical customers.

                    I will be at eMetrics Summit speaking on this topic on Wednesday and
                    will be happy to talk to anyone who wants to listen.

                    -Brent

                    Brent Hieggelke
                    VP Strategic Marketing
                    bhieggelke@... <mailto:bhieggelke@...>
                    503.702.3547

                    THIS EMAIL MESSAGE (AND ANY ATTACHMENTS) CONTAINS CONFIDENTIAL
                    INFORMATION FOR THE SOLE USE OF THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, AND ANY REVIEW,
                    COPYING, DISCLOSURE OR DISTRIBUTION IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. IF YOU ARE
                    NOT AN INTENDED RECIPIENT OF THIS MESSAGE AND ITS CONTENTS, PLEASE
                    CONTACT THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY AND PERMANENTLY DELETE THE ORIGINAL AND
                    ANY COPIES. THANK YOU.

                    2114 NE 36th Ave.
                    Portland, OR 97212
                    www.omniture.com <http://www.omniture.com>

                    ________________________________

                    I haven't heard anyone mention them but you should also look at
                    sitebrand http://sitebrand.com <http://sitebrand.com> for behavioral

                    <mailto:webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com> , Marie <virt2go@> wrote:

                    > > Hello,
                    > >
                    > > In a recent press release, Omniture announced their purchase of
                    > Touch Clarity. I'm not familiar with their services - does anyone
                    on
                    > this forum have any experience with them? How is Touch Clarity's
                    > service offering different or similar to Offermatica? Are they
                    > comparable? Are there any other big players you can recommend in
                    the
                    > same field?
                    > >
                    > > Thanks for your input.
                    > >
                    > > Cheers,
                    > > Marie

                  • Jim Sterne
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 4 8:36 AM
                      At 08:57 PM 5/3/2007, Brent Hieggelke wrote:

                      >I have been watching this thread to see what the other folks here had to
                      >say before chiming in, thanks for the explicit invite Jim.

                      Nobody can explain it better than you.

                      >I will be at eMetrics Summit speaking on this topic on Wednesday and
                      >will be happy to talk to anyone who wants to listen.

                      Mutual back scratching!
                      Thanks.